Posted January 15, 2013
My son is a first grader at Lee. We have been very pleased with our experience. His kindergarten year was filled with hands on learning which allowed the teacher to teach to each student at their learning level. In first grade we have found the school willing to differentiate our sons educational experience to meet his needs. The principal and teachers care about the quality of education each student receives. The schools behavior standards result in a student body that is respectful and well behaved. The school has a great community and draws students from the local neighborhood as well as transfer students from across the city which creates a diverse learning environment. There is strong parent involvement which partnered with a highly motivated principal and strong teaching staff creates a school. Over the past several years a number of students have transferred to Lee from "elite" private schools. These students find Lee to be a challenging experience which they love. We looked at a number of schools before chosing Lee. We made our choice because we felt it was a strong community school that would meet the learning needs of our children.

Lee Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2011
The teachers were mostly great but I am convinced my son has a learning disability and its been 2 years and he has not been tested even though he has been retained twice. They keep telling me it will happen but they have been saying this since last fall. His teacher this year is great but I'm afraid he has suffered there from lack of real help over the years. I am afraid that he may not recover if I keep him here. They also are not really teaching things like science and history and art is non-existent. The focus is mainly on Benchmark testing. I know this is true of all schools but this has been devastating for a child who loves science and art so much. Also, in K he was bullied daily and nothing was ever done about it. I was told I could not contact the parents of the bullies and that they would handle it. It never was "handled" and it continued all year. I guess there is one silver lining to be retained since the bullies are not in his grade anymore. If Lee is really one of Tulsa's best, then we are in trouble.

Lee Elementary School 1

Posted July 30, 2009
This school has much to offer. It has teacher groupings that are gossiping and that are noticable to many of us PTA members. The school should work as a team and not bow to the wishes of all testing results. Test scores are the main concern and not children. If you have a special child take them to a private school.

Posted April 17, 2009
Lee Elementary has an amazing faculty and staff! Lee has a new principal that is taking Lee in a new direction! The caring energy at Lee is what makes it a truly great place to be. Visiting the school is the best way to see it for yourself!

Posted December 07, 2007
Lee is an excelent school. The teachers are great and the principal is super. I am able to send my child to private school, but chose Lee after looking at several private schools in Tulsa. Lee is the best and I couldn't be more pleased! My son has learned so much and is performing way above his grade level.

Posted December 04, 2007
This is our first year at Lee after having all four of our children in another Tulsa elementary school during the past 16 years. It's the best decision we could have made. Lee is a great place to be.

Lee Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2007
I would also agree that Lee is not the place for a child with a disability. My son was there for K and 1st grade. He has ADHD and a non verbal learning disability and was never offered an IEP program. He is much happier now in a private school for children like him.

Posted April 30, 2007
Lee has great, caring teachers and a wonderful active PTA. It is no secret that Mrs. Atcheson, the principal, is a driving force behind the success of Lee. My daughter has been at Lee two years and has had a wonderful experience. I can't say enough of the caring community of teachers and staff. Lee is definately a great well-rounded school!

Posted December 19, 2005
My family really appreciates the fact that all students at Lee go to the music class and that Lee has an art teacher and a PE teacher. Lee goes the distance in reading, math, science and social studies while keeping these other important classes as a part of the curriculum. At Lee, education really is about educating the whole child!

Lee Elementary School 3

Posted July 22, 2005
I had two children who attended Lee. My son has special needs & while I do agree that Lee does have as excellent academic program, I was amazed at how they mishandled my sons potential need for an IEP and his need for accomodations in the classroom. Some of his teachers worked very hard to accomodate him & he did indeed excel, however when it came to the principal & a few other teachers it was a constant battle. It was always amazing to me that even after educating them, they still treated him like it was an inconvience and he was a problem. Since we have moved to another Public School I have seen even more how inappropriatly they had handled his education. I would not recommend Lee for any child with a special need or disability.

Lee Elementary School
1920 South Cincinnati Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74119
Last modified Lee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top