Bad
Good

We moved to Tulsa recently from a small town, so this is my child's first year at Salk. The principal is rude, uncooperative, and combative over every concern I have tried to address with her. Bullying is bad at Salk and is not being addressed. The principal does the bare minimum so she can say she has addressed the problem and then turns a blind eye when the problems continue. Her idea of dealing bullying is to tell the perpetrators to leave my child alone at which points she thinks that solves the problem and she is done. She has also told me there is no way bullying can be happening because teachers see and hear everything that happens throughout the school day. She ignores the fact that my child and other students continue to be bullied. Other parents have pulled their children out of Salk this year due to the bullying problem not being addressed. I will be getting my child out of this school as soon as possible and would warn everyone to avoid Salk at all costs.

AWESOME SCHOOL!! We live in Union School District and we choose Salk for the diversity and GREAT TEACHERS that teach their heart out 110%! They have attended Salk since Pre-K and loved their journey in elementary school. Thank you SALK TEACHERS!! :)

This is the first year my kids have gone to this school and it is by far the best school they've ever been too. The teachers are great and my kids have got nothing but straight A's. My kids love it as well!!!

My family has had to travel a lot, and we have been through a log of schools, and this school, far and away, is the worst school I have ever seen. They lose paperwork, the teachers do not follow up and my student was left behind. Run, run far far away from this school.

My child started going to Salk at the end of her 1st grade year. Her previous school she was top of the class. When we came here we realized she was not up to standards. That year the teacher worked with her so much and helped prepare her for the 2nd grade. Her 2nd grade year we had to put her in a reading class but that teacher as well was 100% supportive as well. Salk is totally awesome. If we had not moved her to Salk we wouldn't have known that she was struggling so bad and that she needed help. Yes i noticed things at home and talked to the teacher about it and was told she was fine previously. I think Salk totally rocks, I am currently 100% involved in the PTA and the teachers and staff are completely awesome.

Our child has attended Salk for the past two years. The teachers and staff are excellent. The new principal last year has clear expectations for students, teachers, and parents which is a welcome change!

I have 2 kids at Salk and I think they are getting a great education. There are many outstanding teachers. We love the diversity in the student body.

My children began attending Salk this year. I think that the discpline in the classrooms varies so widely that there really isn't consistency across the board. I haven't yet decided whether or not we will remain at this school or search for better solutions. There are some dedicated teachers and staff who are our saving grace, and we are thankful for them in ways I cannot express.

I have 2 children that attended Salk for 3 years. The entire teaching staff is outstanding! We came from Broken Arrow Public schools & everyone told us that we would hate Tulsa Public Schools...but, that was not the case...unlike our past experiences, the teachers at Salk were very encouraging, uplifting & have all made a tremendous impact on my children. Because of Salk, my girls' future is brighter!!! Thank you Salk!

Last modified Salk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.