Skelly Elementary School

Public | PK-6

Posted August 9, 2012

Really horrible school. The head of special ed does nothing but sit in her room and stalk her ex husband. The students in that room take naps!!! The woman who was supposed to assist my daughter with special needs was not physically capable of doing so. The nicest comment she ever had about my daughter was that her teeth needed to be brushed. She said some really negative things, every single day. The principal is a coward. My son was attaced and nothing was done to the aggressor because the agressor's father was, go figure, aggressive. When my son misbehaved, the principal tried to throw the book at him. He had done the exact same thing the first child had done. I pointed out that my son learned this was okay by the reaction to the first incident. When my third child "lost" a library book, I tried over and over to get the teacher to help me locate it. I finally found it myself, on the teacher's desk, where it had apparently been the whole time. I took all my kids out and now home school them. If Skelly is any indication of how Tulsa Public School opporate, I feel very sorry for all children in the district.

Posted July 21, 2011

my family and i moved here from michigan so we had no idea what kind of school system we were working with... This is the worst school i have ever came in contact with in my life!!..my daughter is special needs and her teacher did not want to deal with it at all. I have never seen such a disrespectful teacher in my life!! everytime we dropped off my daughter the teacher was yelling and screaming at the children talking down to them and pretty much telling them they were stupid right to their face!!...we actually had an incident where the principal called us in to apologize for the teacher's behavior because the special ed teacher witnessed my daughter's teacher being rude and disrespectful to myself and my husband...i am trying everything in my power to not send my daughter back to that school...if you care about your children at all you will do the same!!

Posted June 18, 2009

We know there is not a perfect school and if you live in Tulsa all you can hope for is a decent school since the Board of Ed is bad. However, for a public school Skelly is one of the best. The principle and the staff work together and it is obvious that they are still trying every day to make Skelly the best it can be. My child was home schooled all of her life and needed a smooth transition into school. The leadership and 4th grade teacher helped her to have a good year. She is on summer break and is still talking about the things she learned at Skelly.

Posted February 17, 2009

My son goes here he is five and in kindergarten! He has had a rough situation in the past year , we have gone through a lot of changes in the last year and I was worried that he would be scared at the idea of a school and not being with me but I love the fact that he wakes up in the morning and is excited to go to school and wants to be on time.... he actaully gets upset if we are late! I am so proud of him and so happy that he has been placed with a teacher that he feels comfortable with and close to! Keep up the good work Skelly staff!

Posted August 21, 2007

My two little girls have attended Skelly for a few years now. My oldest is in fifth grade. I wouldn't have it any other way. Mr. Howe shows compasion with the children and great leadership skills. The school has excellent communication home to parents and even has interperters available. I have toured and worked with other schools, but Skelly is the best elementary school in Tulsa.

Posted June 1, 2007

I thought my son's Kindergarten year went very well at Skelly. He had Ms. L. Smith and she was an excellent teacher! He had PE, Art and Music classes in addition to his regular class. I could see how much he was learning on an almost daily basis. This school makes a HUGE effort to keep parents involved. I really appreciated that! Parents are allowed to visit daily for their child's lunch period if they want. The school is one of the few elementary schools in the area with an auditorium and the school has a variety of programs and assemblies throughout the year that the parents can attend. They also have a lot of volunteer opportunities that keep parents involved.

Posted May 16, 2007

My children attended Skelly and now my grandchild. This has always been a great school with interested and caring faculty. Unfortunately it feeds into a crummy middle school.

Posted December 30, 2005

I would like to say that Skelly is the #1 school in the tulsa public school district. My daughter comes home every day talking about how she enjoys learning from all of her Teachers. And her grades and scores are so wonderful to see how this school makes our daughter react at home is the best. Thanks skelly and to all the teachers.

Posted August 12, 2005

I love the school for teaching my daughter about thing's like Courage, Politness, Understanding. Not only are these teacher's teaching these children for education, they are teaching them for life. My daughter went to Patrick Henry for 1 year before comming here to Skelly Elem. There has been a dramatic change in her behavior. I want to thank Skelly for that!

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

55 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

58 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

81 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

81 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 66% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

57 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

57 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Native American 5% 16%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 80%N/A61%
Special education 13%N/A15%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2940 South 90th East Ave