Tulsa, OK
Students enrolled: 1,040

Skelly Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2012
Really horrible school. The head of special ed does nothing but sit in her room and stalk her ex husband. The students in that room take naps!!! The woman who was supposed to assist my daughter with special needs was not physically capable of doing so. The nicest comment she ever had about my daughter was that her teeth needed to be brushed. She said some really negative things, every single day. The principal is a coward. My son was attaced and nothing was done to the aggressor because the agressor's father was, go figure, aggressive. When my son misbehaved, the principal tried to throw the book at him. He had done the exact same thing the first child had done. I pointed out that my son learned this was okay by the reaction to the first incident. When my third child "lost" a library book, I tried over and over to get the teacher to help me locate it. I finally found it myself, on the teacher's desk, where it had apparently been the whole time. I took all my kids out and now home school them. If Skelly is any indication of how Tulsa Public School opporate, I feel very sorry for all children in the district.

Skelly Elementary School 1

Posted July 21, 2011
my family and i moved here from michigan so we had no idea what kind of school system we were working with... This is the worst school i have ever came in contact with in my life!!..my daughter is special needs and her teacher did not want to deal with it at all. I have never seen such a disrespectful teacher in my life!! everytime we dropped off my daughter the teacher was yelling and screaming at the children talking down to them and pretty much telling them they were stupid right to their face!!...we actually had an incident where the principal called us in to apologize for the teacher's behavior because the special ed teacher witnessed my daughter's teacher being rude and disrespectful to myself and my husband...i am trying everything in my power to not send my daughter back to that school...if you care about your children at all you will do the same!!

Skelly Elementary School 3

Posted September 04, 2009

Posted June 18, 2009
We know there is not a perfect school and if you live in Tulsa all you can hope for is a decent school since the Board of Ed is bad. However, for a public school Skelly is one of the best. The principle and the staff work together and it is obvious that they are still trying every day to make Skelly the best it can be. My child was home schooled all of her life and needed a smooth transition into school. The leadership and 4th grade teacher helped her to have a good year. She is on summer break and is still talking about the things she learned at Skelly.

Skelly Elementary School 0

Posted February 17, 2009
My son goes here he is five and in kindergarten! He has had a rough situation in the past year , we have gone through a lot of changes in the last year and I was worried that he would be scared at the idea of a school and not being with me but I love the fact that he wakes up in the morning and is excited to go to school and wants to be on time.... he actaully gets upset if we are late! I am so proud of him and so happy that he has been placed with a teacher that he feels comfortable with and close to! Keep up the good work Skelly staff!

Skelly Elementary School 2

Posted November 05, 2008

Skelly Elementary School 2

Posted September 02, 2008

Posted September 29, 2007

Posted August 21, 2007
My two little girls have attended Skelly for a few years now. My oldest is in fifth grade. I wouldn't have it any other way. Mr. Howe shows compasion with the children and great leadership skills. The school has excellent communication home to parents and even has interperters available. I have toured and worked with other schools, but Skelly is the best elementary school in Tulsa.

Skelly Elementary School 4

Posted June 01, 2007
I thought my son's Kindergarten year went very well at Skelly. He had Ms. L. Smith and she was an excellent teacher! He had PE, Art and Music classes in addition to his regular class. I could see how much he was learning on an almost daily basis. This school makes a HUGE effort to keep parents involved. I really appreciated that! Parents are allowed to visit daily for their child's lunch period if they want. The school is one of the few elementary schools in the area with an auditorium and the school has a variety of programs and assemblies throughout the year that the parents can attend. They also have a lot of volunteer opportunities that keep parents involved.

Skelly Elementary School
2940 South 90th East Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74129
Last modified Skelly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skelly Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top