Posted June 13, 2012
Grissom is a great school. The teachers really care and the parents are very involved. My son loved it here.

Grissom Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
It is one of the only A+ schools in the state of Oklahoma, which means that it specializes in the arts. It has a wonderful art and music program. The parental participation is incredible.

Posted October 04, 2008

Posted January 03, 2008
all three of my children went there and hated to move. such a great school

Posted November 30, 2007
I am very happy with Grissom. It feels like small community. The Arts programs are amazing, high quality teachers, and I feel my kids are getting a quality education.

Grissom Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2007
My son has gone from not knowing all his letters the beginning of first grade, to being able to read by the middle of the year! I love that they have Art and music, and even a Chinese Class. Everything seems very organized and the Principal is easy to get ahold of and willing to talk or meet with you. I am a little disappointed in the 'old school' method his teacher has with the boys, she seem so to want them all to be quiet and still like little girls. If she finds a way to do that I'd like to know! My Son loves his teacher, his classes and I am overall happy with it.

Grissom Elementary School 1

Posted June 17, 2005
Grissom Elementary is the worst school my child has ever attended. I went from not having a single complaint at prior schools to having 5 major and aproximately 5 minor complaints at Grissom. I have a Special Needs child and Grissom is so far behind the times and I believe the Principle Mrs. Jean Swanson simply does not care. However, I don't blame her alone. Locally, Tulsa Public Schools has a terrible reputation. Good riddance! I will add one more thing.. to the few great teachers at Grissom, you know who you are. You are the ones who always have a kind word or a child or two following you lightheartedly down the hall, God bless and may you never lose your love of teaching.

Posted January 25, 2005
Grissom is a great school for children whose parents want to be involved. There are excellent art and music programs led by real professionals. The administration is top notch, and the parents make a huge difference.

Posted May 25, 2004
My son attended Grissom from Kindergarten through 5th grade (1997-2003). Grissom is truly a model elementary school. It is well managed and staffed with excellent teachers. The biggest problem at Grissom is the small parking lot, and that's about all! Parent participation is exceptional! Most of the teachers really care about most of the students most of the time. There are very few student troublemakers at Grissom. The students are taught self-discipline from the start. The facilities are generally excellent. Parents that don't want to participate in school activities may not like Grissom because parents are regularly asked to participate! Students graduated from Grissom are mostly very capable of excelling in middle school. I sincerely believe Grissom is probably the best, or one of the best, elementary schools in Tulsa.

Posted January 22, 2004

Grissom Elementary School
6646 South 73rd East Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74133
Last modified Grissom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grissom Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top