Union 6th-7th Grade Center

Public | 6-7

Posted August 2, 2013

I went to this school on 6th grade, and I LOVED it!!! However, the cafeteria main course food is disgusting. The mashed potatoes and rolls were okay, however. My bus driver is what got this school four stars, not five. My bus driver was very very mean. She would yell at us, and even make fun of some students. Everyone hated her, except for a few of her favorites. She reported us as not behaving, and WE got in trouble with the vice principal, which was very unfair. However, I LOVED all of the teachers. One was pretty strict, but she was fair. I took Pre-Algebra this year and learned a TON! Art is very cool, and the clarinet teacher is so funny! I was able to meet a lot of other kids I liked. The pod system is really good, and even though it is a huge school, I adjusted quickly and got all a's in every class except for once on progress reportPlus, since it is so big, you get a nice library and pool!! So anyway, I loved my teachers, classes and school mates, but not my bus and bus driver,

Posted July 24, 2013

I attended this school in 6th grade. Its an alright school. They have lots of activites to do, but most of these activites cost which makes it harder for kids who do not have any money to be involved in things. Some teachers are nice, and others are kind of rude. I'm a straight A' student, and I never get in trouble, but some of these teachers have attitudes, making it where I dislike them ALOT. The principal of the whole 6th/7th grade center is very mean. The upstairs principal is okay, but the downtairs principal Mrs. Bear (excuse me if I spelled her name wrong) she is really nice. I LOVE HER! The lunch is disgusting though. There cheeseburgers are still red in the inside. They need to get better chefs. Some of the buses are over crowed depending on where you live. It will sometimes be like 3 to a seat with no air conditioning. Other then that, i would reccommend this school:)

Posted May 4, 2010

Both of my children have attended this school. The teachers are amazing to say the least. They keep in regular contact with the parents and they have no problems telling you what you need to do as a parent to help you child away from school.

Posted April 24, 2009

I think the Principal at this school leaves a LOT to be desired. When issues arise, they don't like to handle them appropriately. If I could move away before my next child hits the 6th grade, I would be very happy. There are a lot of issues at this school, yet no one wants to talk about them or try to fix them. I am highly disappointed in the 6th & 7th grade Center!

Posted July 26, 2008

Union needs to diversify, some of the teachers should look like students. It shows in their attitudes also.

Posted February 14, 2008

I believe this school is the best learning experience I could have ever dreamed of. These teachers are so friendly, well trained,and fun to be around.

Posted September 18, 2007

This school rocks love the teachers! nicest ever!

Posted September 17, 2007

i am amy east i love this school it is the best i love all my teachers mrs.hughes mrs.pearson miss.hitchcock ms. collier mrs.daniels and mrs. garrett i dont know what would do with out them i love you guys you allare the best

Posted September 10, 2005

You asked for it and here I go. This school and its administration stinks. The administrators are more afraid of the kids than the kids are of the administrators. Issues come up and they would rather hide it as to get it out and take care of it. Union Scools would rather sweep unpleasant happenings under the rug than to actually take care of and address them. The district did not live up to the standards promoted (The reason I moved here). I would not recommend this school!

Posted July 27, 2005

After a rocky start with the administration, we were finally able to come to a solution that was was in the best interests of my SED child. Mr. Pennigton is the greatest! This is our fourth child in Union Public Schools and I would recommend them to anyone. Our other 3 have already graduated and gone on to college, military and careers. Thank you Union!

Posted December 20, 2004

This is a great school if your child is perfect and does not need help. My children are ADD and ADHD. They need more one-on-one instruction and accomodations. My experience with this school it that the teachers are to overwhelmed and do not have time help kids outside the norm. The school was very inflexible when I met with them and did not listen to our psychiatrist or to me. The school seems to think they are the best judge of what my child should be able to do and not do. I had to take one of my children out of this school to get her the help she needed.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

864 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

862 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

780 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 78% in 2013.

779 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 89% in 2012.

841 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 61%N/A61%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

10100 East 61st St