Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are excellent. But the students are sometimes not motivated and the parents are not involved. That is not the fault of the teachers but it does mean that some students will not learn. But I cannot stress enough how little teachers matter when academic diligence is not reinforced at home.

My son and daughter attended Boevers for two years. We lead a somewhat peripatetic existence and they have attended a number of schools, including privates and some nationally ranked publics. They have never liked any school quite like Boevers. They really loved it. I know the school does not boast high test scores. But that isn't on the school. If you and your child are motivated, your child will succeed. Without my asking, both my children were placed in accelerated math and reading. And my son scored "advanced" in both sections of the Oklahoma common core assessment at the end of fourth grade. The principal and the teachers really work to give a warm, caring and nurturing environment And there are plenty of opportunities to get to know the teachers and other parents at community events. It's a really special place. It is the thing we miss the most as we live overseas now. I highly recommend the school.

I have three children and we've been at this school for five years. I can honestly say this is one of the best schools I've ever experienced. The teachers care about their students and want them to succeed. The parents have ample opportunities to be involved. The principal and staff are kind and friendly, and I always feel that they have our best interests at heart. Best of all, my kids are happy and they love school. They love to learn. I couldn't ask for a better experience than the one I've found at Boevers Elementary.

My daughter was in the special Ed program here in 2010-2011. It was the best program. Her teacher really cared about her success. Other teachers knew my daughter's name and would greet her by name as we came into the building. We had communication with her teacher on a daily basis. If there was any problem or concern, she would even e-mail me during the day to let me know what was going on. I think Boevers is a great school to have a child in.

don't know if this school is bad or just the way it is here in this city. we moved here last year from PA and my children only touch on the basic stuff they learned in PA last year. news letter from teachers don't even contain 3 sentences. teachers could careless about your children, they just need a paycheck. my children took the test once, and they are in the gifted and talented program. hope the program does a better job.

Last modified Boevers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.