Union High School

Public | 11-12 | 3300 students

Posted August 11, 2004

I am originally from Jenks High School, but I transferred to Union for a short time (not by choice). I think that the atmosphere is too tense, and the a lot of the people at the high school were really full of themselves. I found myself wishing to be back at Jenks High School. Union is strong in athletics, but for the time that I was there, that was all. I do not see how anyone could get comfortable at that school, and in my opinion, how can anyone be expected to do well in an uncomfortable position while in school. I felt that the people there were very closed up, and did not really feel the need to welcome any newcomers. At Jenks I felt challenged in my school work, but not overwhelmed. I was happy, and not everything was so tense! That is why I say go to Jenks!
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 26, 2004

I'm not a parent, but I'm a junoir at Union HS and I believe I'm getting the best education available in the state of Oklahoma. I attended Jenks for a semester and found myself longing for Union's more rounded teaching methods. The level of caring from the teachers is overwelming and I love it here.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 15, 2004

My son, a jr., participates in marching band, AP classes and foreign language. He has the opportunity to participate nationally in music with top caliber directors. His AP instructors have made sure that he has developed the skills to pass the AP exams. There is something for everyone to become involved in if they choose. Ethnic and cultural diversity compliment the academic excellence emphasized at Union. It seems that most of the students are there to become skilled learners, not just there to grab a diploma. I am very pleased that we are a part of the Union family. Although we pay higher taxes than most other school districts, I find that I would most willingly pay even more to help fund the programs offered by the school. My son is becoming a truly well-rounded individual because of the opportunities offered.

Posted September 22, 2003

Both my children graduated with a high quality education. Diversity tolerance is a big plus, along with athletic excellence.

Posted September 9, 2003

We consider ourselves very fortunate to be part of Union Public Schools. My son is a graduate of Union, and my daughter is a Junior. The school not only provides the best in education, but the emphasis they place on character development and traditional values is superior.

Posted August 26, 2003

For a public school, it offers varied opportunities for all students to be involved and find their niche. It provides excellent blend of academics and extracurricular. The superintendent is awesome and for the student!!

Posted August 22, 2003

Union truly exemplifies excellence. The combination of highly skilled teachers, and the total commitment from the support staff, and administration has led Union to be one of the best public high schools in the nation. Excellence in Academics, Arts, Athletics, Extracurricular activities, Spirit, and the community at Union make Union the first and last place needed to look at when searching for the best.

Posted May 16, 2003

Union is an amazing school that promotes school spirit, character, and a quality education. It is the best high school in the nation.

Grade level

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 84% in 2012.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 77% in 2012.

564 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 79% in 2012.

English II

The state average for English II was 88% in 2012.

English III

The state average for English III was 92% in 2012.

854 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 87% in 2012.

60 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2009.

1043 students were tested at this school in 2009.

2009

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2009.

1002 students were tested at this school in 2009.

2009

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 77% in 2012.

36 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2011-2012 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests End-of-Instruction (OCCT EOI) exams to test students in high school in several subjects. The OCCT EOI is a high school graduation requirement. The OCCT EOI exams are standards-based tests, which means they measure specific skills defined for each subject by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education