Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The children that attend there are mean, rude and disrespectful. The atmosphere is fake. The staff is much nicer to some of the student/parents than others.

My son and daughter have been enrolled in Darnaby Elementary School for the last two years. It's such a disappointment. The children in my daughter's class are spoiled and unsupervised. There are a lot of mean children that band in cliques - all about how much money the children's parents make and what brand of clothes the children wear. None of the parents are friendly, even after two years. My husband and I coached the 2nd grade basketball team and the parents were mean and rude to us and to their own kids (with exception of a few). They are fake, mean and stuck up. My daughter has some super social anxiety now that she has to put up with those children. We attended the Spring Fling the other night, and I even felt like I was bullied by another mother! The fifth grade teachers were amazing, but the parents and children are ..... ugh. Oh, and the woman in the office IS RUDE. Not pleasant at all and even my children don't like her. ALSO - they have grown to hate music and art?!?! My children say the teachers are mean and hateful and make it extremely mean. Not happy.

My two kids, my daughter is in 2nd grade her brother is in 4th grade. I love darnaby because the teachers, students and parents are all good people. This is one of the best school my kids attended.

As a mother moving into the area, my first experience at an Union school (Darnaby) was not very satisfying. The lady who work in the front office is very rude, but I noticed it's only to certain parents. If you are not a part of their social clique , you aren't really welcomed to participate in the PTA...which I personally think is a joke because it's only about money. I cannot tell you one thing the PTA has done with the money they constantly ask for. The children are always wrong, so regardless of what the problem may be there is no need for the children to tell the adults. I think most if them are just there for a check, and some people take pride in the school but they aren't the ones that some of the staff are rude to. My daughter loves her teacher, but that is the only good thing I can share abexperiencemy experience.I hate that a few bad apples has ruined my experience with the school, but as a result I am moving my children out of the area so they don't have to go back to Darnaby.

Darnaby Elementary is absolutely wonderful. The teachers and staff are very hands on and encouraging. The Parent involvement at the school is amazing. I love this school.

This school has been wonderful for my two children. They are getting the best education from many wonderful teachers. The parent involvement is amazing! In my first year as a parent I was included in so many activities I stayed busy the whole year! I could not be happier!

My son is in kindergarten and last year in pre-k. He is very bashful for a kid and never moves along with others thanks to the efforts of the teacher he is now so much social and his english vocabulary is so awesome . We talk indian lang at home and he is very adept in his english and math skills of the first grader back in india is not a match to his . I really appreciate all the efforts the kindergarten teacher has taken and the overall academic excellence of darnaby

Our son attended all of Pre-K and 2 months of Kinder until we had to move out of state for a job move. Our experience at Darnaby has been nothing but the best! Teachers are wonderful, competant and very involved with the kids; academics are top rate; parents are very active in school, in the PTA, and become close to other parents; Mr. Carson is a great principal and stands out front almost every morning greeting the students; the sports programs are excellent, even for Pre-K; the extended day program (EDP) and EDP staff are wonderful! We are so sad to have to leave Darnaby and hope we find another like it at our new city. But even so, we believe we and our son have made best friends for life through Darnaby. What more can we say?! We highly recommend Darnaby!

Before going to Darnaby our son attended a private school that cost approximately $10,000 a year. Naturally, we thought that we would be giving up a lot when we transferred our son to Darnaby. We were surprised and happy to find that we gave up nothing and actually received more from Darnaby than the private school. Upon entrance to Darnaby, our son's academics tested as one and a half years behind the norm. Afer one year at Darnaby, he tested out as one year and seven months ahead of the norm! He now participates in sports, ARC, and other extra curricular activities. The parents and other students are awesome. The staff at Darnaby cannot be beat.

Darnaby is a disappointment. The reason the test scores are high is the treaching to the test. The social cliques among students is incredible, and it is the same ofr the parents. It is all about appeaances at Darnaby and problems are not dealt with properly. It is the parent who screams the most that gets the attention and what they want because they do not want a blemish on their record. I have 3 children at Darnaby. All with different strengths and weaknesses. One just elected to student council office. All in ARC, and bored academically.

Last modified Darnaby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.