Cedar Ridge Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted August 2, 2013

Both of my grandchildren went to Cedar Ridge (the last one just leaving for the 6th grade center). They came to Union from a private christian school. I was concerned at first about the change. When I checked out Cedar Ridge, I was impressed from the get go. The principal Ellen Crager was awesome. I have found the teachers and staff to be professional and caring. My first concern was unfounded to say the least. I could not be happier with Cedar Ridge. Thanks for what you all have put into my children.

Posted April 12, 2013

I could not be happier being a part of the Cedar Ridge family! Ellen Crager is one of the most incredible women I've met. She is so involved and caring and this school is tops! The teachers and staff are always so helpful and wonderful and I love being able to be an active part of the PTA and help out where I can! I highly recommend Cedar Ridge to anyone!

Posted August 12, 2012

All of the staff are great! From the nurse to the receptionist smile and even the cafetria ladies they all rock! Great parent volunteers and great teaching staff too!

Posted May 12, 2012

Wow!!!! The teacher's at this school are more concerned with their private life than they are with their student's......

Posted September 21, 2010

I love the way they bring the physical fitness value in school. I love the way they are organized on events . I love Mrs. Crage the principal. She is doing and oustanding job !!

Posted February 3, 2010

Mrs. Crager and the teachers at Cedar Ridge are TOPS! Four of my children have spent most of their elementary school years there. When we moved away for one year to Texas, and returned to Tulsa, we made sure to find a home for our family near Cedar Ridge Elementary School. The teachers truly care, and Mrs. Crager is so involved with each child, it is hard to comprehend how she does it.

Posted September 21, 2009

If you are looking for a wonderful school for your child(ren) look no further....Cedar Ridge Elementary is exactly what you have been looking for. My children were in private school and since being at CR my kids are becoming stronger academically. Mrs. Crager and her staff are truly concerned with each child. When I had a concern about my son I was able to sit down with Mrs. Crager and express my feelings and immediately she offered all the help she could. My son is growing leaps and bounds being under her leadership. She truly cares about every child and takes them under her wing. I love this Principal, her staff and this school. A very happy Cedar Ridge parent!!!

Posted September 18, 2009

Cedar Ridge is a wonderful facility with a wonderful staff. My two kids were in private school and when my wife and I decided to consider public school, we visited CR. The principal, Ms Crager was very open to our request and was most accommodating. I don t mind saying we went there with walls up, claws out and a list of tough questions. After our visit and discussion, every question we came armed with was answered. Our kids have grown significantly in so many positive ways since going to Cedar Ridge. The Principal sets the bar, what was so clear is that high expectations existed for not only studies, but also ethics and respect, not only in her staff but also in the students. Cedar Ridge is an astonishing place and I believe Ms Crager and her staff can take full credit for build this outstanding learning and growing environment.

Posted September 12, 2009

I am so unhappy Ellen Crager the principal at Cedar Ridge. I have never seen a principal not put the child's education first and foremost. In general I believe that the Union shcool district is one of the finest, however I think they need to take another look at the pricipal at Cedar Ridge. I enrolled my children in a private school because of the principal Ellen Crager.

Posted February 5, 2008

Cedar Ridge is truly an amazing school in all areas! The teacher dedication is unbeleivable, the lesson plans are always planned to perfection. They are also very in tune with their students as individuals. In the 8 years total that my children have been there we have always felt that our child has had the perfect teacher! Mrs. Crager, the principal is the most dedicated administrator I have ever come across. I am always suprised by the fact that she seems to know every student & parent by name & personally. In my position within the PTA I have had the pleasure to work quite a bit with Mrs. Crager & have so enjoyed getting to know her & am daily amazed by her abilities. I can't say enough great things in 150 words, you have to experience CRE to know how truly perfect it is!

Posted October 19, 2004

This is the best school ever! They have the best teachers,and learning skills!
—Submitted by a student

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

68 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

68 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

74 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 66% in 2013.

Native American 6% 16%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 33%N/A61%
Special education 8%N/A15%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

9817 South Mingo