Posted June 12, 2008
I am a BA graduate, so when my husband told me that my child would be attending a Union school I was close to devastated. However, from the moment you walk through the doors you are greeted with a wonderfully caring staff and AMAZING principal. As the other realistic reviews said Mrs. Pitcock is very into her students daily lives She knows each of them on a first name basis, and individually. I cannot imagine there being a more caring principal than she. The teachers that we have encountered have been equally amazing and caring. we are going into our 3rd year at Jarman and for us it is a home away from home. The PTA works very hard to deliver what the teachers and students need and almost every want as well. We cannot imagine life outside of the Jarman community. Prasie to Pitcock and her wonderfully caring staff!

Posted August 06, 2005

Posted May 26, 2005
What has impressed me most about this school is the close, personal attention the faculty and staff pays to each child. I have two children at Jarman, of very different personalities and learning styles, but both have been encouraged to learn in ways that are best for them. Mrs. Pitcock knows each child--and parent--personally, and she takes very seriously her job to manage this school. I have never met a principal more devoted to her students and staff that Mrs. Pitcock! When you add to that a staff who loves their job (there is a very low teacher turnover rate at Jarman), a considerate office and cafeteria staff, and other committed faculty, you have the ingredients for an EXCELLENT school. It doesn't get any better than this!

Posted September 01, 2003
I have a 3rd grader. She was a very shy and quiet child as she went into Jarmen 1st grade. I have seen a dramatic change in her thru her classmates and her teachers. The size of the classes she has had have been perfect for learning but not too small for no challenge. I am very happy with the parent involvement in the school. I am personally on the PTA this year and have been reluctant to join b/cus of my busy schedule. But they seem to have a great no stress way of participating with the district. I am very pleased.

Posted August 14, 2003
Due to my husband's job, we have been transferred many times. In the past, my children have attended school districts in Jenks and Edmond, Oklahoma and Benton (suburb of Little Rock), Arkansas. Jarman/Union is by far the best school my children have ever attended. The school is small enough to offer the feeling of community and personal attention, while being in a large enough district to offer an abundance of extra curricular activities and sports. The leadership at Jarman is outstanding, and the majority of the teachers we've encountered in our 5 years there are dedicated professionals who strive for excellence. The facilities are impressive. Clean, bright, and cheerful. Parent volunteers are a large part of the school and all parents who wish to be involved can be. I'm always impressed that Mrs. Pitcock, the principal, remembers each child by name and remembers to ask about older children who have moved on into the secondary system at Union. Jarman feels like home.

Jarman Elementary School 1

Posted July 23, 2003
Jarman Elementary is ran like a prison. There is absolutely no cooperation from the teachers or administration. This is, without a doubt, the worst school in this area.

Posted July 11, 2003
We moved to a larger home recently and had our choice of schools and districts. We chose to stay in the Jarman area. Union Schools has excellent leadership from the Superintendent down to the principals. The patrons support the bond issues to continue to provide for excellence in education. Jarman, in particular, is a very well rounded school with caring, highly motivated teachers. Students and parents are treated with great love and respect. As an elementary educator myself, I can honestly say that my children have received a very high quality education from the staff at Jarman. My older children that graduated from elementary and moved on to middle school were very prepared academically and socially for the Union Middle/High programs. You cannot improve on Union's neighborhood based, smaller elementary schools design.

Jarman Elementary School
9015 East 79th Street, Tulsa, OK  74133
Last modified Jarman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jarman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top