Posted September 06, 2012
Marquette School is a great place to be. Students are more than prepared academically but are also prepared to give service through their many outreach projects. Faculty goes above and beyond in helping students in and out of the classroom. Facility has been greatly enhanced with new library, computer, art, music and resource rooms. New furniture and carpeting have been added to enhance an already charming building. Parents and the community are very supportive and involved. My child graduated and was more than ready for the challenges of high school. He actually thanked me for sending him to Marquette!

Posted April 26, 2012
I have been a Marquette parent for several years and while I do not attend the parish I have felt welcomed by all. The school leadership including the Principal, Assistant Principal, support staff and all teachers are very committed to the advancement of the mind, spirit and body of all students. I have not seen a more caring and involved school community than Marquette. Marquette is the only Catholic school in Tulsa I know of that offers the RISE program which is an inclusive program for special needs children. This program encourages acceptance of all people regardless of circumstances. The class sizes, experienced teachers, expansive curriculum, use of advanced technologies (iPads, SmartBoards, full iMac computer lab, etc...) all put Marquette on the cutting edge of education. Most Marquette students seem to advance to secondary education and beyond well prepared for all challenges. The students all know one another which is almost unheard of in education these days. If you are looking for a great private school that encourages self respect and respect for others in a religious environment that respects all views, look no further than Marquette.

Posted April 26, 2012
My children transfered to Marquette from another Catholic school in Tulsa, and it was the best decision we have made for them so far. Of course there were adjustments. It took time to get to know the community, but everyone was great. Class size is nice, and small in comparison to other local schools. Teachers and administration care about the students. I highly reccommend Maruquette and challenge people to walk through it's doors before letting someone else's words make up your mind.

Marquette Catholic School 2

Posted July 05, 2011
I was expecting so much more from Marquette than what my kids have received. Lack of any discipline so bad that the kids joke about it. Don't think about entering unless you start in kindergarten as the girls are not welcoming. What is spoken of and how it really is has been way disappointing. My child came from TPS and coming in was ahead an entire semester. On the parent info I've read, yes it is cliquish and gossipy more than average. Sad to say, I would not recommend.

Posted December 25, 2010
I agree with the comment about the cruel nature of the parish members. Shunning seems to be a common practice; but they should all be praying constantly. I had three children attend Marquette and all three were injured while attending classes. No explanation was given by the teachers or the principal although asked. I have been given excuses for the school's personnel's behavior. Seem to be common in the school and parish. But there are very many kind and considerate people in the parish. It depends on who you talk to. The do teach catholicism. Pay attention. Two of my children after graduating from BK have said that they would not send their children there and do not wish to attend mass at CtK. What's a parent to do?

Posted August 13, 2010
Awesome school with involved parents, teachers, and principal. Could not ask for a better atmosphere for my child!

Posted June 09, 2010
I graduated from Marquette and went on to Cascia Hall Prep. by myself. I struggled a lot my freshman year at Cascia trying to adjust. The religion program there is extremely poor and we didn't do anything but watch movies all year. The classes were large, so unless the student went in after school, it became very easy to fall behind. I did not fall behind, but I saw several of my classmates did, I actually was not challenged enough! I felt like several teachers picked favorites and the other classes such as music, P.E., etc., were also very poor. I don't feel I learned very much here and was not prepared for such a challenging school like Cascia Hall. Apart from academics, the students were very rude, isolating, and 'cliquish'. Students were rude to me because i went to Cascia instead of Kelley. Think again before sending your child here.

Posted January 28, 2010
Not a healthy place for children. Some good teachers and a good principal. But class sizes are large and the parents at the school are extremely cliquish and judgmental. Any parent or child who is seen as 'different' is practically shunned. Some are hounded out of the school.

Posted August 20, 2009
Our family was quickly accepted into the Marquette community, and my son couldn't be happier at this school. The teachers are insanely qualified, constantly send me updates on class material, and expect full parental participation. All of the kids are respectful, disciplined, and seem to understand their responsibilities as students.

Posted December 22, 2008
My child has attended this school since she was 2 1/2. She scores in the 90+ percentile in national test scores - all due to the education she receives at Marquette. The class sizes are small, so not only does she receive individualized attention, but the classes are more of a 'family' which is amazing to see in action. Communication from and accessibility to the teachers and staff occurs weekly. I firmly believe that this school has shaped my child into a productive, successful member of society!

Marquette Catholic School
1519 South Quincy Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74120
Last modified Marquette Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Marquette Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.