PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Posted February 04, 2016
Halfway through our fourth year at St. Pius, I know this school was the right choice for our family. We are also excited that next school year, our 3rd and 6th grade daughters will both have brand new, state-of-the-art classrooms in the new Early Childhood/Elementary and Middle School buildings. So in addition to awesome teachers, an inclusive community of faith and rigorous curriculum, St. Pius now has top notch facilities to match. Our kids have experienced great personal growth by participating in programs like Academic Bowl, sports (volleyball & basketball), Middle School service hours (volunteering at our local Food Bank, school events, selling concessions, etc.), Library Club, Student Council and even the new after-school Running Club. I think St. Pius is one of Tulsa's best kept secrets. Glad we found it!

St Pius X School 2

Posted November 20, 2015
I am a very unhappy parent at Saint Pius X school in Tulsa, OK. The school does not recognize the Oklahoma laws for a sole custodial parent, and this causes much havoc for me as a single mom with more than one child at the school. It cascades to the children negatively affecting their young lives. The non-custodial parent has the right to see grades, participate in school activities, etc. However, by Oklahoma law the sole custodial parent makes decisions for education, medical, and counseling for the children. Again, at Saint Pius school the custodial parent is not recognized properly according to OK statutes. If you are a single mom with sole custody think twice about putting your child at this school. The principal will turn against you with charming communication from a non-custodial parent in a heartbeat. Also the school refuses to follow visitation orders from the court, and they will allow your child to be removed from the school without confirmation from the custodial parent. It is not a matter of nicer buildings or fund raising, it's a matter of a school not recognizing the rights of the primary/sole custodial parent ... even when you are the one paying tuition.

Posted February 11, 2015
We have been very pleased with St. Pius. This school provides an excellent, affordable Catholic education. Yes, as the previous reviewer noted, the administration and dedicated parent volunteers are working very hard to raise funds to complete our new school. The first phase will be completed by this summer! Rather than complaining about the fundraising efforts, did this previous reviewer volunteer to help? Perhaps this parent doesn't understand that at a private school, the school must raise its own funds for buildings. I am glad that our principal and Father Matt are going to bat for our kids every day to raise the necessary funds for a state-of-the-art school building. I want a principal and pastor who advocate for our children like Mrs. Bell and Father Matt! We are blessed to have our children at St. Pius.

St Pius X School 2

Posted March 11, 2014
I am a parent at this school. I'm glad the school is getting a new building but we really need a new principal. I'm sure some people will defend her but I have seen/heard about the way that she has treated many parents if they get on her bad side. The priest is a nice guy but responsible in that he does nothing to stop it. The school seems desperate for money and panders to those who are the "big donators".

Posted June 10, 2009
St. Pius X is an excellent school with dedicated and caring teachers and administration who strive to bring out the best in each student. The proof? Smiling faces all over campus; students who respect one another, themselves, and their school; and a community of families that are happy and proud to work together to continue the mission of this wonderful school. If you want well-rounded, self-confident, well-educated children, check out St. Pius X!

Posted May 22, 2009
I have two children at St. Pius and one that will begin there in a year. I absolutely love the school and the community that comes with it. My children are very happy as well which is important to me. The leadership at the school is excellent and I've found the principal to be very good at communicating with the parents. I'd highly recommend St. Pius X.

Posted October 09, 2008
I am a student at St. Pius currently and I think the school is wonderful, but some of the teachers doesn't exactly teach clearly and gives us homework that has nothing to do with what they are teaching us. Anyway I love this school alot and I don't think I want to graduate yet!

Posted March 20, 2008
St. Pius is definitely a 'great school' - my children are recieving an exemplary education, but at the same time they're amongst a wonderful group of children that are learning to become contributing members of society. The principal, who has just been with us for a year, has done a wonderful job and has really gotten everyone excited about the future of our school. If you're interested in the school, I would recommend you just check out the website, because it is full of information.

Posted August 28, 2007
I have children in preschool and kindergarten and absolutely love the environment. The teachers are caring and easy to get along with. My son is being challenged in kindergarten which I appreciate. St. Pius has an excellent Academic Bowl team that won the competition in the northeast region. St. Pius X won first among the Catholic Math Counts team in Tulsa. My point is that even the brightest children are challenged at Pius.

Posted August 28, 2007
We have three children at St. Pius X School and we are very happy to have them there. Our children are not only getting a fantastic education, but they experience a safe, caring, disciplined, spiritual-based environment. Our St. Pius X School community is unique because of our new energetic and visionary principal, our intelligent and nurturing teachers, and also our wonderful, involved parents. We feel strongly that this is the best place for our children to go to school.

St Pius X School