9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I would honestly say that Bishop Kelley is much like your practical high school, it reminds me of a school that would be on some tv show. The teachers are fair enough, the homework is somewhat stressful, and the students are meh. Bishop Kelley is supposed to be a catholic school, yet most of the students that attend there are quite stuck up and full of themselves per se, and their lives revolve around drama to make them...happy. The teachers give a fair amount of homework, but no more than your average public school (for I know what both public and private schools are like). If you would like your child to continue on the Christian faith path, I would not send your child to Bishop Kelley, they will start acting snooty and they will become addicted to drama. If you would like your child to go to a challenging school, I too would not send them to Bishop Kelley because it is truly just as challenging as your average school. There is no point in wasting $12,000 a year for a private school when they could go to a public school just as good.

This school not only offers top tiered education for AP students, but also offers remedial classes and everyone is welcome! The leadership of Father O' Brien is truly an inspiration. He genuinely cares about each student and their entire family at the school.

As a parent, I am continually amazed at the level of excellence Bishop Kelley provides in all aspects of my children's development. Their high academic standards coupled with the child's spiritual development turn out top notch individuals who are well rounded and ready to take on the world.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My child has never come home saying he just did not get it. Thats how I know all the teachers are effective at teaching their subject.

Amount of homework: Agree

The classes are leveled. They only give you what you can take and no more. They seem to be able to gauge that pretty good.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty, Integrity and Fairness in the students. Every child is treated the same here. They do have random drug testing and alcohol testing for the safety of all the children at the school. They pray a lot which instills strong ethics among the children. There are many religions and faiths that go to this school and nobody feels left out.

We have a Junior at Bishop Kelley and we will have a freshman next year. Our junior, loves everything about Bishop Kelley. First and Foremost the Brother Bernadine program. We have not found another school that offers a rigorous four year academic program. I was amazed at the amount of clubs and organizations they had to offer for these kids. There is something for everyone. The kids all seem to get along very well. The classes have around 250 total kids enrolled for each year. More friends and acquaintances to choose from. The school is growing by leaps and bounds. New Wrestling/Spirit Squad Complex, New Field house, New security systems, walkways, outdoor table and chairs. The Park across the street has been purchase for new tennis courts. There is just so much more. Our entire family is extremely pleased with the education and spiritual growth this school has given to our son. Call the office and schedule a tour for you and your family. You will see that it is everything I mentioned and more.

We have two students currently enrolled at Bishop Kelley. Their happiness there says it all. They are extremely happy at Bishop Kelley, and have never once thought about wanting to be anywhere else. We as parents have been pleased with how they have been challenged academically, and we feel they are being prepared very well to be successful in college. Perhaps more importantly, we are pleased to see that they are in an environment that reminds them daily that God is to be a part of their entire day. We are thankful for the prayers during school, the retreats offered, the service opportunities, the drug and soon-to-be alcohol testing, Fr. O'Brien's leadership and love for the students, faculty and the school; the great teachers our students have had, and the safe campus. The school has had major campus upgrades and more to come. Much to look forward to at Bishop Kelley!

My children have been at Bishop Kelley for the last 4 years. We have two graduates and one attending. Our two who are off to college felt very prepared for college. We have been very impressed with BK. It is our first Catholic School experience and we think it has been a great investment in our children's education and spiritual development. Our kids have loved the comfortable environment they are in at BK. As a parent I like big things like the small class size and small things like that hand holding is the only form of public displays of affection allowed. I would like to see more school Mass. Otherwise, my family thinks BK is perfect.

Bishop Kelley is truly a "life preparatory school." We have been blessed to become a part of this amazing, caring community. Teachers and administration take an interest in the students as people, as individuals. Students are encouraged to become actively invloved in their education and extracurriclar activites. There is a way for everyone, students and paretns, to be involved.

Last modified Bishop Kelley High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12