PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

We have had children attend in grades from elementary through high school, and Mingo has given them with real opportunities for growth - especially in service, academics, and in learning about how to integrate Christian beliefs into life. Not every student will take advantage of those opportunities, but they are provided by a very conscientious faculty and staff! Thanks for giving our kids a place to thrive.

We have had three children attend Mingo Valley Christian School. Honestly, we cannot say enough about this wonderful place! From the teachers to the rigorous curriculum to the extracurricular activities, Mingo is the place to be! It is a place where the word "Christian" is taken very seriously. Discipleship and leadership training are at the heart of everything that is done at Mingo. It is a gem! We highly recommend Mingo Valley Christian School!

Excellent school! Wonderfully committed teachers, and the families are so friendly--there is a true sense of community.

It is great to be able to send our children to a school where the faculty and staff truly care about them and respect us as parents. I love the small class sizes and focus on service to the community. The theater department is amazing and I have yet to see a production that I didn't love! The academic standards are top-notch and I am confident my children will be sufficiently prepared to do well in college. But, the best thing about MVCS is the solid Bible teaching. They are challenged to think critically about what they learn and how to apply it to their life. Our family loves this school!

I can't say enough about what this school has meant to our family. Deeply caring teachers who are committed to my kids' success. Over and over again I've seen these teachers invest in their students in a sacrificial way. The theatre program is second to none! The families are close knit and welcoming. My oldest has graduated and has been VERY well prepared for college, both academically and spiritually. Sending our kids to MVCS has been the best parenting decision we ever made!

MVCS is so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The BEST school EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been there for six years!

This is an okay school, but ever since i came to mingo, my grades started dropping. All my life i had been a straight A student. something was wrong. the way they teach is confusing and not everyone can absorb the information. Their arts program is terrible and small. No photography class, and you can only learn one language; spanish. I have worked so so so hard to bring my grades up, but its just too much for me. i don't know why. they teach in a left brain sort of way, and i am 100% right brained; they dont undertand that. The teachers can be great and caring and there's a sense of community here. but I always feel like im constantly being judged and picked on. I don't fit in well whatsoever. I have sox=cial anxiety and fear going to school everyday. The environment of the school just isnt okay. My advise would be; if your kid is artistic and open minded, DO NOT send them here. send them to TSAS or metro if you want them to be if a safe christian like environment.

I was a student at Mingo Valley for eight years and graduated from there. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The academics are not as challenging as the school would like to think they are, and, like any high school, not all of the teachers are going to be first class, but both the academics and teachers are certainly better than most alternatives. I personally found very few of my courses challenging, but I was always ahead of the curve on that front. They teach the Bible well, but are not adept at getting kids to understand what goes on in the rest of the world while all the while assuring them that they do. This area may require parental supplementation. What I loved most about Mingo Valley was its strong sense of community. Due to its small size, most everyone knows who everyone else is, and you are constantly interacting with the same people and their families. The sports programs are fun and (occasionally) competitive. I particularly enjoyed the drama program. From beginning to end, the students are responsible for making the production a success. Nate Madden directs the plays and does a fabulous job.

MVCS is a blessing to all of those fortunate enough to attend. I moved my son here out of frustration with the local public schools. College prep is excellent. Graduation requirements are far beyond the public schools in Oklahoma. God, leadership and personal character development are focal points with the teachers, principal, superintendent and school board. The staff of MVCS handles each student and their needs with a personal touch. The teachers are engaging and involved. If money is a concern, tuition at this private school is extremely reasonable. As for the 01/28/10 review of this school, there is no doubt in my mind that was a student who was dismissed due to inappropriate behavior. The comments are very similar to comments made to my child by someone who was asked to leave the school. Parental involvement is not only welcome but strongly encouraged.

As far as learning the Word it's a great school. As far as academics go its a horrible school. Except for maybe 2 classes I was never actually taught anything. I had to take refresher courses in college to get through and my parents even admitted to regretting sending me there.

Last modified Mingo Valley Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12