No rating

Riverfield Country Day School

Private | PK-12 | 385 students

Living in Tulsa

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $128,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Posted November 26, 2013

Riverfield Country Day is an inspiring environment focused on educating the whole student. The school cares deeply about the emotional, social and academic development of each of its students. Attending last year's graduation ceremony, I was in awe that the head of the upper school addressed each graduate individually and spoke from the heart of the contributions, successes and the trials each student had gone thru on their path to graduation. I cannot imagine another school in which the Head could so eloquently speak about each and every student. If you desire to place your student with caring faculty that are as invested in your child's success as you are, then Riverfield is your home. Students are engaged to learn and taught how to think, not what to think. The school honors the individuality of each student, not mocks differences. The faculty is given great flexibility and freedom to develop curriculum that meets learning goals and ideas not specifics; no teaching to a test here! Children are challenged to be self-motivated and directed, focused on real world preparation and experiences, starting in preschool, lasting until graduation.

Posted September 28, 2013

One of the best schools out there. With a family feel and an energetic learning experience every one feels at home here. The woods on the campus provides for plenty of nature oriented classes. As an ever growing small school you can take any class you ever dreamed of if you talk with the headmaster.

Posted January 18, 2013

I Transferred to Riverfield from jenks and it was the best decision i have ever made. I was a student that showed no effort or interest in school but i was always told how smart i was. Now in highschool i am motivated getting strait A's and a 30 on the ACT. I am a five sport athlete, Debater, singer in rock band, and an actor in the play. Riverfield give students the opportunity to be what they what to be. Successful.

Posted November 26, 2012

Our son went to Riverfield starting when he was 4 and he graduated in 2012. It was an amazing experience...he was able to excel in academics and sports (football, basketball, soccer, and golf). The teachers, coaches, college counselors are amazing and the leadership is top notch. Everyone takes a personal interest in your child and making them successful. They not only teach academics, they teach social responsibility, philanthropy, community service, life skills, ... They are interested in helping get your child into the best colleges and preparing them for the future. Our son was accepted to every college that he applied and got into the college of his choice, Texas Christian University. We are happy with our decision to keep our son at Riverfield...you will be too.

Posted December 3, 2009

I transferred my son from Jenks to Riverfield Country Day School and have seem dramatic improvements in his grades, his self image and his confidence. Riverfield not only is concerned with students doing well academically but also with their growth as young adults. They teach values and promote open discussions about things such as diversity, religion and volunteerism etc. The faculty have taken a hands on approach to each individual child ensuring that they are tended to as indivuals and not numbers. FIVE STARS!

Posted August 30, 2009

This school is GREAT! There's TOO much homework, but just enough. The teachers are so much fun and are really good at their jobs. I love how there's peacocks and random barnyard animals running around everywhere. There's a home ec class, a drama and a rock band class. And another thing, they have a drumline that sounds pretty much pro. I have been at Riverfield since I was a baby and I'm in 7th grade. It's truly awesome!

Posted May 5, 2009

Our daughter is almost three and has attended Riverfield since she was 14 months old. We've been extremely impressed with the quality of the faculty, the curriculum and the campus. The emphasis on nature, art and the fact that the children help determine the direction of their learning (even preschoolers) is inspiring. It's a wonderful feeling to know that our child is learning in such a nurturing, friendly environment.

Posted October 9, 2008

I love going to school here! Its one of the best experences of my life because i love everyone here so much. Everyone is so friendly and the teachers are really fun. Im in 8th grade right now and cant wait for next year when im in 9th. They have recently gotten a new building and i really love spending time studing in there with my friends. There classes may be a little challeging for me but they alwasy offer a new and fun way to learn so i always look forward to coming to school in the morning. Also there track team rocks and the band and drum line sounds professional so, yeah this place is awsome!

Posted March 9, 2008

I've read so many reviews about my school and everyone seems to love it. They talk about the barnyards and nature trails. They never say anything about the awful condition the animals are in or the patronizing teachers who asign so much homework or anything negative at all. Do they not see it? They walk by rows of chinchilla cages and remark about how cute they are, not knowing that, untill recently, the baby chinchillas were being used to make coats. They rejoice that we have a barnyard but they don't see the donkey with the halter embedded into her neck or the rabbits dying from cold and sickness. Marty Clark needs a reality check. I won't be going here next year

Posted February 18, 2008

I love the feeling of walking down the halls after my class and seeing peacocks, rabbits, miniature horses etc. and having thirteen kids in my class unlike my old school where I had 27.Also not to much homework and the head master is so cool. We also have a rock band that plays songs from beatles to Rradiohead. I love this school!

Posted August 26, 2003

My children look forward to school and learning. It is very impressive to have a three year old recognizing and naming impressionist paintings, reading sign language and speaking spanish. It is also wonderful to have a 7 year old doing the above, plus speaking German and reading on a 5th grade reading level. I love being able to work with the peace of mind knowing I have left my children in a place where they are happy and receiving a great, well rounded education.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab