Tulsa, OK

Posted October 02, 2014
Our child could not successfully perform at her previous school and needed special one-on-one attention because of her learning disabilities and behavioral problems. At Undercroft the school caters to these issues as most of the other children are facing similar struggles. Every day is still a challenge for our child but at Undercroft she feels more at home than she's ever felt before. We are impressed with the special needs programming and are grateful for what they can provide our family. While we won't be sending our other child there because he can attend a regular program elsewhere, we are very thankful for what Undercroft has done for our daughter.

Posted February 08, 2013
If you are looking for worksheets, busy-work homework and memorization, you won't find those here. Undercroft is an accredited Montessori, which allows children to learn concepts from working with materials. I have two very healthy, bright children who love going to school at Undercroft. This is a school which encourages children to be independent, free thinking, and respectful of different ideas. While each child is taught on grade level, they are encouraged to go beyond. This is one reason why last year's 8th graders, on average, tested four years above grade level. I take issue with the previous poster who wrote that this is a great school for special needs children but "not optimal for gifted individuals or children on a more regular tract". The teachers at this school guide each child to meet their full potential. The gifted students are thriving, as are those who need to be challenged a little more.

Undercroft Montessori School 1

Posted May 08, 2012
I was very disappointed with the poor communication with the parents and the lack of patience and empathy from the guides. There are looking for a very specific type of compliant student, and are lacking the tools needed for dealing with various types of learning styles and developmental levels, regarldess of the way they present themselves and advertise. I would not recommend this school experience to anyone, and other parents have suggested various other private schools rather than this Montessori.

Posted December 26, 2011
It is our little girl's first year. We have been very impressed with the school, its teachers, and the kindness of the other parents!

Posted April 25, 2011
This school is wonderful. They have done a wonderful job in educating my son. Mind you, he is only 4, but he can now read and add and subtract. Not the usual 1 + 1 = 2. He can add/subtract in the hundreds. He also understands the place values. I wish I had gone to a Montessori school when I was his age.

Posted September 01, 2010
I relocated to Tulsa and tried 2 other schools for my daughter before finding the perfect fit for her with UMS. The staff is excellent, caring and warm. We feel like "family" and love her Montessori Guides. This is "the Montessori" school in Tulsa and they have great lessons, Montessori materials, outdor playscape and extra-curicular programs. I don't get other review that say UMS students are lagging - my daughter is 4 years old and started to read already...

Posted August 03, 2010
Undercroft has been a tremendous joy and satisfaction for both our children and as parents. It is a fantastic facility with fantastic and dedicated staff. True, the teaching method is non-traditional and a little difficult for those of us raised in public school systems to embrace but the benefits are never-ending. Both of our boys have attended Undercroft since the age of 3, at which point they immediately start their learning curriculum (there is no day care there). The students are taught in very tangible ways concepts of math, science, practical life, etc.

Posted July 29, 2010
Our son just completed primary at Undercroft, and will be continuing in lower elementary there; our daughter will be starting primary next month. Almost every aspect of our experience at Undercroft has been wonderful. The guides are wonderful, and strive to keep parents as involved in their childrens' educations as possible. The facility is top notch, indoors and out. The degree of community involvement is amazing. My only criticism would be of the prior administrator, who has since left the school. I take issue with the reviews suggesting Undercroft is only for kids with special needs; our gifted child thrived there, both socially and academically.

Undercroft Montessori School 1

Posted June 20, 2010
This is not a good school. The new administrator is not responsive to problems in the classroom. This is not run like a typical private school. Children also leave Undercroft lagging their peers.

Undercroft Montessori School 4

Posted April 13, 2010
I love the fact this school is a peaceful, independent environment. With the help of the guides my daughter has learned so much and amazes me with what dhe DOES know.

Undercroft Montessori School
3745 S Hudson Ave, Tulsa, OK  74135
Last modified Undercroft Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Undercroft Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top