PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

We arrived in Tulsa a few years ago and could not be more thankful to have found Holland Hall. The people have been so friendly, from lifelong Tulsa residents to other transplants like us. We felt at home so fast. Our child is in the lower school, and we have found the teachers extremely accommodating and always open to communicating and sharing information. We get information almost on a daily basis with Haiku, and someone friendly always answers the phone when we reach out to the school. Lots of events at the start of the year helped us get to know others really well. And I cannot say enough GREAT things about Ms. Martin, the admission director, and her team. She answered every question we had and connected us to a "buddy family" who answered tons of our questions and made us feel a part of the Holland Hall community so quickly. Yes, the cost is more than other schools in the area, but we believe our child's education is worth every penny. Besides family time together, it's the best investment in our child's life. He has access to the best teachers, outstanding curriculum, and, most importantly, to a culture that values what it means to be a good person as much as what it means to achieve your personal best. Our last city had many independent school options, but Holland Hall beats them all BY FAR. Our child is challenged every day to do his absolute best in a great academic environment with other students and families that value education. We cannot recommend it more enthusiastically!

My child attended Holland Hall all through middle school and part of upper school. She begged me to take her out repeatedly in middle school and intermittently through high school because of the drug use and bullying. The teachers and administrators are unprofessional. One teacher called her at home and yelled at her on her cell phone, in my presence. When she was hospitalized they were more interested in having proof than how she was doing. They fail to recognize the wonderful things that she did while she was there and the great accomplishments she made. When she started having a spanish tutor at home, because her lessons in class were inadequate, several teachers and administrators set up an appointment with me to let me know that she should not have a tutor outside the school. These are just a few of the issues there. She was bullied many times, even bitten by another student, and nothing was done. She is now in another school, making excellent grades and very much relaxed and confident. There has been no issues with teachers or bullies. Her new school has a greater percentage of Merit Scholars than Holland Hall this year and the coursework is just as demanding.

Both my children attended Holland Hall from kindergarden to12th grade and are now in college. I attribute much of their current success to the excellent academic foundation Holland Hall provided them. Neither my husband nor I are native Tulsans, and we have found the community of parents at HH to be very welcoming. We live in midtown, but I am so glad that we chose to commute to Holland Hall. Our children were very well prepared for college and received a great education.

Holland hall teachers and administration need to realize that when parents invest in a private school education, they expect a challenging, well rounded and individualized curriculum. Holland Hall offers none of the above. The curriculum is mediocre, the co-curricular programs (esp. music) is below average, and if your child is above grade level they have no placement options available. We had no problems with the social environment. In fact, the parents, students, and staff seemed friendly. But if academics and quality co-curricular programs are your priorities, Holland Hall may not be a good fit.

We have been pleasantly surprised with Holland Hall. It has an amazing student to teacher ratio. We have been thrilled with our child's success in the primary school. Yes the tuition is steep but you get what you pay for. As far as comments regarding headmasters I cannot speak to it only that our new headmaster and our assistant headmaster are wonderful and have an open door policy. The parents are very supportive of one another and the kids all get along really well. This is a school that is very involved in giving back to the community and is a school that fosters a nurturing and learning environment.

Holland Hall is a school for jerks and kids who show no mercy. They don't have religion books, bibles, or classes. They disrespect other sports teams by blowing them out when their team is in the lead. If I were to talk to the local Bishop, I'd ask if they could be taken out of the DMSSA league in every sport. Blowing teams out shows zero sportsmanship. My rating would be a zero, but that isn't an option. One star is all I give. Send your kids to Saints Peter and Paul Catholic School. The teachers at Peter and Paul will teach your kids.

Holland Hall has been a great disappointment to our family. A post below boasts about the great modular schedule however, the big negative is that the kids have far too much free time to create cliches and drama. My child has a mere 2 classes on one day which leaves him bored since finishing homework takes only minutes. There are a few excellent teachers but by and large most teachers are mediocre . I have noticed that the kids transferring in from Jenks are a grade level ahead in math That should tell our school something. Luckily this will be our last year there, and my advice to parents considering our school is to look elsewhere first. I could not recommend HH based on our experiences at the school. My children have easily made A's and B's without studying. There are far better choices in Tulsa Booker T and Bishop Kelley to name a few. If you want your child to receive a well rounded education in a friendly environment stay away from HH. On a positive note, the new headmaster seems to be strong and with time can hopefully turn the school around. Sadly, that will take some time.

Unfortunately, we were very disappointed in Holland Hall. My son always made incredible grades. He also tested in the top 99% on all standardized tests. However, after we left we realized how awful his education was compared to other private schools. Social Studies is ridiculous. They are not even required to turn in homework. Also, too much time making pancakes and other unnecessary activities took up valuable education time. Most children in fifth grade didn't even know their multiplication tables! Please do not waste your money.

With Holland Hall, it is all about the fit. If you are looking for a school where your child will learn time management and how to work cooperatively in groups, the modular schedule in the upper school will be a great fit. If you your child wants to be on the varsity soccer team while being in the choir and an officer of their favorite club, all while succeeding in academics, Holland Hall will facilitate your child's needs and help them be as involved as they want to. Being at Holland Hall for the past two years, and being completely new to independent schools, I have learned so much about the culture and community that, for my family, we can't see ourselves fitting anywhere else. PS- We are very impressed with the new head of school.

Holland Hall is a Pre-K through 12 Independent School. The curriculum is challenging at all levels. The small class size allows the teachers to get to know the students and how they learn. My child has a learning difference and Holland Hall teaches students how to be independent and how to be their own advocate. They introduce them to learning strategies and build up their confidence so that they can be successful. The teachers are caring and supportive, we have a continuing dialogue. I would be remiss if I did not add that we have had some struggles and we have had to obtain tutoring for my child, but it has been worth every dime. My child is outgoing, confident and not afraid to tackle any challenge. We are impressed with the depth of the Arts department, along with the Academics and Athletics. I know, without a doubt, my child will be prepared for any College or University of their choice. I have witnessed several students reject Ivy League institutions for State schools, because of their level of preparedness they attend a major University on full scholarship with a stipend. So, YES it is expensive, YES it is challenging, YES students love it and YES we would do it again.

Last modified Holland Hall is a Private school that serves grades PK-12