No rating

Dove Science Academy (Tulsa)

Charter | 6-12 | 204 students

Student diversity

Sweep tile

Posted Monday, April 21, 2014

Dove Academy has been a great learning experience for my child and I have seen her flourish under the leadership and guidance of the staff.

Posted December 2, 2011

I just graduated this year(2010) and i'm currently attending NSU but I already miss going to Dove. I am going to miss all the teachers even if i didnt have your class. I bet I will see some of you guys because I dont think Joshua will ever stop finding a way to be by all of you guys and my sister still goes there so yeah. well anyway I Miss All The Teachers and all my friends.!

Posted November 11, 2011

in the few years that i've been in dove science academy i have found that being here is a lot like eating vegetables. sure at first you don't like it but after time passes you find that it gets tastier, and in the long run it ends up being better for you . GO DOVE

Posted November 11, 2011

I was a student here two years ago and I must say that while I didn't think I like it there, Dove Science Academy is the only school that ever offered me a challenging curriculum. I wish I could go back there and further my education. This is a good school and to anyone who is thinking about attending it, I highly recommend it. Their teachers know their subjects and care enough to give you the one on one time that you need to acquire the challenge you need to progress.

Posted October 6, 2011

The decision to leave Dove was a very difficult one for me as I loved the staff and administration and their strong support for me and the music program. After many prayers and thought, I decided to pursue this new calling in my life and go forward. I will miss you all and especially the kids, as we all know that Dove has the best students in the state! Please know that I will always remember my experience at Discovery/and Dove as very positive and will pass on the good news to others about the wonderful education that students receive through Dove Charter Schools. Wishing you much success in the 2011-2012 school year and beyond. Sincerely, Marti Law
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 26, 2011

As a parent, Let me answer your question. They do not teach Islam, and Christianity. This is not religious school. They focus on advanced science, math, and computer.Look at the scores 100 percent graduation rate, 97 percent college acceptance rate, and 0 percent drop out rate.

Posted July 31, 2011

I have a question, not a review. Do they teach Turkish culture and what about the Islamic or Turkish culture do they each? Do they teach American history? Is anyone familiar with Discovery School Tulsa which is owned and operated by the organization as Dove? I know Dove is better than TPS (what school isn't?) How does is compare to Broken Arrow schools? Any info would be great. Thanks! - a concerned parent considering the school

Posted December 21, 2010

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow this school is cool and unique and you learn alot teadchers are cool and students are nice

Posted November 13, 2010

This School is THE BEST SCHOOL EVER Glad i got to go to school at a school like this

Posted November 11, 2010

dove is a very very good school at first i did not like it there, but now i love it there so much!!!!!

Posted January 5, 2010

Dove, will not the best school for your school for kids because if you do not turn in a worksheet you get Saturday detention and in lunch sometime you can not talk. I feel like I am in jail!!!

Posted April 13, 2009

Dove is a very good school. It has a lot of safety

Posted April 3, 2009

As much as I enjoyed attending DSA(Dove Science Academy), their academics are NOT what they are made out to be. Supervision and discipline aren't the best, and a lot of the focus is put on Turkish culture. It was a great experience, but I'd never choose to go back for my remaining high school years.

Posted November 20, 2008

I would not even consider sending my child anywhere else. This is by far the best school in Tulsa. Teachers are great--my child learned more the first semester there than he had the last two years in Tulsa Public Schools. I can't say enough good things about this schools

Posted October 15, 2008

I have been a parent of Dove for several years now. I have been very happy with Dove. The teachers work hard with the kids during and after school if needed. And, I have never seen such a peaceful attitude among so many Ages of students in a public school. The teachers and staff there really seem to care.

Posted December 21, 2007

I just love the school. They care about our kids. Thats the best school in Tulsa area. They have a new building. They are using technology effectively. And I love the character education class.

Posted January 26, 2007

we are in Dove for 5 years and we just love it. They care about our children and give the best education ever. Other TPS schools can't even come close to Dove.

Posted December 2, 2006

I love Dove. Great environment, awesome activities and devoted teachers. Highly recommended. I have tasted delicious food in their picnics and field trips. M.

Posted November 1, 2006

This school provides the best education your child can get(-in Tulsa-) for free

Posted August 25, 2006

Dove continues to improve with every year. Not only have we had two graduating senior classes now, but now we also have several new additions to the school. The old building has been remodeled to better suit the students, and a newer larger building was also added. Newer safety measures have also been enforced within the past two years. And on top of all of these wonderful things, we now are proud to offer several competitive sports teams, including basketball, girls softball, girls volleyball, and soccer. Success only continues to blossom at this school.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2012.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2011-2012 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, grades 5 and 8 in science and writing, grade 5 in social studies, grade 7 in geography, and grade 8 in U.S. history and government. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2012.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 89% in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 90% in 2012.

U.S. History and Government

The state average for U.S. History and Government was 77% in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 95% in 2012.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 84% in 2012.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 77% in 2012.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 79% in 2012.

English II

The state average for English II was 88% in 2012.

English III

The state average for English III was 92% in 2012.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 87% in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2009.

46 students were tested at this school in 2009.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2009.

63 students were tested at this school in 2009.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 77% in 2012.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2011-2012 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests End-of-Instruction (OCCT EOI) exams to test students in high school in several subjects. The OCCT EOI is a high school graduation requirement. The OCCT EOI exams are standards-based tests, which means they measure specific skills defined for each subject by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

280 South Memorial Dr