Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I have never seen nor experienced bullying at TSAS

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school is open to people of all creeds, sexualities, genders, races, backgrounds, etc

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are passionate and are willing to help when you ask for it. If there is a serious issue, the teacher will try to compromise and figure out what the problem is before failing people.

When I joined TSAS the environment was more diverse, there were more options in classes, and the teachers were more passionate then I had previously experienced. It was here that I met my true love, science. My school has options in sciences such as Zoology, Astronomy, Psychology, Anthropology, Computer Applications, and more.

I like the teacher to student ratio. Kids have the opportunity to play in band even if they have never played an instrument. I have not seen or heard of any bullying. Our oldest son graduated from "the" Tulsa magnet high school eveyone is trying to get their kids into and he told me about fights in bathrooms and seniors picking on freshmen.

TSAS has made a world of diff to 2 of my family..they are not only making excellent grades but love going to school..participatating in sports and music..the concerts the school has is as professional as going to Tulsa's performing arts center..the jazz group is exceptional..the school has literly CHANGED the direction my 2 family members we're going in the public school system to a very much brighter future and education. I can not say enough acculades about them

My sons have just been accepted to TSAS. The times we have visited the school, the students and staff were more than courteous. Each time, students greeted us politely and even opened doors for us. No one asked them to do this; they just did it. Kids were sitting in groups talking and having a great time, while waiting for their rides. I did not see any bullying or cliquish behavior. I didn't even see any kids glued to their cell phones. We are looking forward to TSAS great academics, extracurricular activities, and community atmosphere. We have not seen any other local high schools that measure up to them so far, not even magnet schools.

Lame school with mostly lame teachers. The history teacher loves to fail people and no one can do anything about it because she help founded the school. She thinks she is preparing students for college, but instead she is just causing them to fail. Both the English teacher and the history teacher act like they hate Christians. The English teacher makes remarks about them on his fb page.

I went to TSAS all four years of high school and am so happy I did. It was definitely the perfect school for someone like me who is interested in art, no sports, and don't like being limited in my abilities as a person. Foshee came in to teach art my Junior year and got me started where I am now in my art, I'm not afraid to go darker in shading haha. At TSAS, students get to know their teachers, not just as teachers, but as friends as well. They look after us, and genuinely care about us. The school is a community within itself, which you don't find at other schools. If I had to do it all over again, I would have still picked TSAS to be my school, and I'm so glad I did. All of the teachers I had had a lasting impression on me that I will never forget. They were mentors for both school and life, and taught so much more than book knowledge.

In 9+ years of school, I could not interest my child in any extra curricular activities. His first year at TSAS, there was only one day a week he was not participating, and that was only because I don't think they offered anything that day(!) He is totally engaged and loves school. I hear that a lot from other students as well and the principal is the only one I know of who has requested his teachers post work online after a week of snow days so no one gets too far behind. When you open enrollment county-wide and still post test scores comparable to magnet schools that cherry pick students, it says a lot. This is coming from someone who graduated from a magnet school. I cannot praise TSAS enough and am very fortunate there is a school of this caliber for my child.

Last modified Tulsa School Of Arts/Sciences is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.