Bad
Good

I like the teacher to student ratio. Kids have the opportunity to play in band even if they have never played an instrument. I have not seen or heard of any bullying. Our oldest son graduated from "the" Tulsa magnet high school eveyone is trying to get their kids into and he told me about fights in bathrooms and seniors picking on freshmen.

TSAS has made a world of diff to 2 of my family..they are not only making excellent grades but love going to school..participatating in sports and music..the concerts the school has is as professional as going to Tulsa's performing arts center..the jazz group is exceptional..the school has literly CHANGED the direction my 2 family members we're going in the public school system to a very much brighter future and education. I can not say enough acculades about them

My sons have just been accepted to TSAS. The times we have visited the school, the students and staff were more than courteous. Each time, students greeted us politely and even opened doors for us. No one asked them to do this; they just did it. Kids were sitting in groups talking and having a great time, while waiting for their rides. I did not see any bullying or cliquish behavior. I didn't even see any kids glued to their cell phones. We are looking forward to TSAS great academics, extracurricular activities, and community atmosphere. We have not seen any other local high schools that measure up to them so far, not even magnet schools.

Lame school with mostly lame teachers. The history teacher loves to fail people and no one can do anything about it because she help founded the school. She thinks she is preparing students for college, but instead she is just causing them to fail. Both the English teacher and the history teacher act like they hate Christians. The English teacher makes remarks about them on his fb page.

I went to TSAS all four years of high school and am so happy I did. It was definitely the perfect school for someone like me who is interested in art, no sports, and don't like being limited in my abilities as a person. Foshee came in to teach art my Junior year and got me started where I am now in my art, I'm not afraid to go darker in shading haha. At TSAS, students get to know their teachers, not just as teachers, but as friends as well. They look after us, and genuinely care about us. The school is a community within itself, which you don't find at other schools. If I had to do it all over again, I would have still picked TSAS to be my school, and I'm so glad I did. All of the teachers I had had a lasting impression on me that I will never forget. They were mentors for both school and life, and taught so much more than book knowledge.

In 9+ years of school, I could not interest my child in any extra curricular activities. His first year at TSAS, there was only one day a week he was not participating, and that was only because I don't think they offered anything that day(!) He is totally engaged and loves school. I hear that a lot from other students as well and the principal is the only one I know of who has requested his teachers post work online after a week of snow days so no one gets too far behind. When you open enrollment county-wide and still post test scores comparable to magnet schools that cherry pick students, it says a lot. This is coming from someone who graduated from a magnet school. I cannot praise TSAS enough and am very fortunate there is a school of this caliber for my child.

A really open environment good teachers good discussions

We would not continue to live in Tulsa for any other reason. I believe my children will receive not only the best High School education possible, but the best High School experience. I have listened to College students (because I teach at the University level) say that they would go back to TSAS. How many High School graduates ever say that they would happily go BACK to their High School? The students are treated with respect. The teachers utilize innovative methods. The students are engaged in the learning process. After visiting with the instructors and seeing my child's work, I believe this is an excellent college prep school.

Tsas teachers understand that what motivates one child does not motivate another!. Tsas used progressive thinking, open-mindedness, and tolerant understanding to motivate and to inspire students. Ask any student and they will tell you how much they love going to school at tulsa school of arts and sciences.

My daughter graduated 2 years ago and loved her 4 years there. She came into the school with very low self esteem and ended up being what one of the teachers described as 'She is the In-Crowd'. She blossomed at TSAS, loved the teachers, had so many friends and did very well academically. She is now finishing up her Sophmore year in college. Former TSAS Parent

Last modified Tulsa School Of Arts/Sciences is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.