Posted March 28, 2014
ZIS is AMAZING!! We have 2 children enrolled, and couldn't be happier! I believe the reason this school is so successful, is because the principal, and the PTA. Sra. Wester is very hands on, commands attention when needed, and is very empathetic to the students. The PTA is successful as well, they continuously come up with ways to earn money for the school, and invest it in your child's class rooms and education. We have only positive comments about the program as well. It was a little stressful thinking our Kinder student would go into a room where she didn't know anyone, but also, didn't know the language. I believe it is harder on the parents than the students! We adjusted well after a few visits with the teacher, and the explanation that our student's brains are well equiped to handle the challenge, and we should just watch and see how magnificent our child's brain is! WE LOVE ZARROW!! Highly reccomend it!!

Posted November 14, 2011
After reading the other reviews I wanted to make sure that it was known that since then the principal in question has left and new one came and went and we are now under the direction of an awesome principal. Sra. Wester has been highly praised by parents at her former school and they were sad to see her leave. Their loss is our gain. Zarrow is an excellent school and a great opportunity for our children. Parent participation is like none other I have ever seen. They truly take to heart the old saying "it takes a village to raise a child" I'm so thankful to be a part of that!

Henry Zarrow International School 4

Posted May 22, 2010
Zarrow offers students the chance to become bilingual which is a great asset. With only 2 classes per grade, it has an intimate feel that cannot be achieved at some of the larger schools. The parents tend to be very involved which is both a blessing and a curse. No school is able to meet every one's needs but being at Zarrow has been a mostly positive experience for our family.

Henry Zarrow International School 1

Posted May 11, 2010
The bad news is this school has performed far below its potential because of the poor leadership. The good news is the principal has now been removed (effective at the end of this school year). Now there is at least a chance for this school to become what it was intended. This bold move by the Tulsa Public Schools administration was the right thing to do and will benefit the kids tremendously. Just think, no more bickering about the principal. And, teacher turnover should now reduce down to the average of other schools. The work of all the parents who spent so much of their time and energy trying to improve this school by forcing a change in leadership has now paid off. Congratulations to everyone who participated. And, to the skeptics, I am sure you will see a brighter future for your children now.

Posted April 09, 2010
I have been a Zarrow parent now for 4 years. I know every school has it's areas for improvement. With that being said Zarrow is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers and a wonderful prinicpal. I am sure some parents who read this comment will not agree and will try to disclaim me but I have been a very involved parent for all the years that I have been at Zarrow and I can honestly say the principal is one of the hardest working prinicpals that I've ever seen. She truly has our children's best intesterests at heart as well as her staff. I have seen her prove this time and time again. I am thrilled that all of my children have had the opportunity to attend Zarrow. It has been a wonderful experience for us and them overall.

Henry Zarrow International School 2

Posted April 09, 2010
The individual teacher and parent commitment holds this school together, The childredn receive a decent education. There is a hugh and dissapointing gap in what this program is and what it could be. Parent commitment, teacher commitment and the immersion concept should provide innovative, world class results. It presently produces good results. Incompetent leadership is seen in the micromanagement of small details, while larger issues such as ciriculum are neglected. There is to be a trend to remove ones child once the Spanish emphasis is removed in the upper grades. There is little excitement for education from the children or the staff. Fair management-very poor leadership. Very sad.

Henry Zarrow International School 3

Posted March 02, 2010
The situation at Zarrow is complicated. The parents are interested and try to be involved. By positioning herself as the protector of the teachers, the principal has put a glass wall between the parents and teachers. Parent input that is embraced in other schools is stifled at Zarrow. The teachers, when they stay, are excellent. However, because the turnover is high, there is little consistency from year to year. The yearbooks tell the story all too clearly. Teachers leave and students leave. This year's fifth grade class is less than half the size of the class that began together at Zarrow. The principal is hardworking, polished, and up-to-date on all the district policies. This does not make her the best fit for this school.

Posted March 02, 2010
Wow, I've been surprised by some of the criticism. I can't say enough good things about the school. I've been overwhelmed by the quality of teachers. The children have a strong bond with them. I feel extremely fortunate that my daughter has had an opportunity to attend Zarrow. I have two children who have attended Union Schools and have been pleased but Zarrow is far superior, especially when you consider the students are learning a second language. The outstanding work by the teachers and administrators should be encouraged. Keep up the good work.

Posted November 17, 2009
Zarrow Interational is a great school. The children learn a second language, have the opportunity to participate in an exchange program, and are continually challenged on a daily basis. I highly recommend this school.

Henry Zarrow International School 0

Posted November 16, 2009
Zarrow is a wonderful school. I have one child attendig Zarrow. The children are safe, challenged, and enjoy learning. The teachers are highly qualified, as is the support staff, and principal. The humanities teachers are outstanding in their field.

Henry Zarrow International School
3613 South Hudson Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74135
Last modified Henry Zarrow International School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henry Zarrow International School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top