Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 29, 2016
I can say it over and over, but we have had a wonderful experience with Henry Zarrow International School.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 29, 2016
Yes, very fair. Son was held accountable with homework and manners. Always working to improve

Posted June 29, 2016
My son had a great first year, even though it was his first time being introduced to Spanish. Two teachers per room in Kinder, which is great. Principal leads with enthusiasm and it's contagious!

Posted February 23, 2015
Zarrow is an exceptional school. My daughter has a wonderful start at life. The staff is attentive and in tune with the students. Absolutely NO REGRETS!

Henry Zarrow International School 4

Posted February 05, 2015
Zarrow is a wonderful school my son has been going to school there since he was in kindergarten and he loves it. He has loved every teacher he has had. They have wonderful secretaries like Ms. Katlin and a wonderful resource counselor, Ms. Butler she is the best. Great teachers and great parents, love this school. My son is in the third grade now and he has a great group of friends. He got plenty of help when he was struggling with math. Thank you ZARROW!

Posted March 28, 2014
ZIS is AMAZING!! We have 2 children enrolled, and couldn't be happier! I believe the reason this school is so successful, is because the principal, and the PTA. Sra. Wester is very hands on, commands attention when needed, and is very empathetic to the students. The PTA is successful as well, they continuously come up with ways to earn money for the school, and invest it in your child's class rooms and education. We have only positive comments about the program as well. It was a little stressful thinking our Kinder student would go into a room where she didn't know anyone, but also, didn't know the language. I believe it is harder on the parents than the students! We adjusted well after a few visits with the teacher, and the explanation that our student's brains are well equiped to handle the challenge, and we should just watch and see how magnificent our child's brain is! WE LOVE ZARROW!! Highly reccomend it!!

Posted November 14, 2011
After reading the other reviews I wanted to make sure that it was known that since then the principal in question has left and new one came and went and we are now under the direction of an awesome principal. Sra. Wester has been highly praised by parents at her former school and they were sad to see her leave. Their loss is our gain. Zarrow is an excellent school and a great opportunity for our children. Parent participation is like none other I have ever seen. They truly take to heart the old saying "it takes a village to raise a child" I'm so thankful to be a part of that!

Henry Zarrow International School 4

Posted May 22, 2010
Zarrow offers students the chance to become bilingual which is a great asset. With only 2 classes per grade, it has an intimate feel that cannot be achieved at some of the larger schools. The parents tend to be very involved which is both a blessing and a curse. No school is able to meet every one's needs but being at Zarrow has been a mostly positive experience for our family.

Henry Zarrow International School 1

Posted May 11, 2010
The bad news is this school has performed far below its potential because of the poor leadership. The good news is the principal has now been removed (effective at the end of this school year). Now there is at least a chance for this school to become what it was intended. This bold move by the Tulsa Public Schools administration was the right thing to do and will benefit the kids tremendously. Just think, no more bickering about the principal. And, teacher turnover should now reduce down to the average of other schools. The work of all the parents who spent so much of their time and energy trying to improve this school by forcing a change in leadership has now paid off. Congratulations to everyone who participated. And, to the skeptics, I am sure you will see a brighter future for your children now.

Posted April 09, 2010
I have been a Zarrow parent now for 4 years. I know every school has it's areas for improvement. With that being said Zarrow is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers and a wonderful prinicpal. I am sure some parents who read this comment will not agree and will try to disclaim me but I have been a very involved parent for all the years that I have been at Zarrow and I can honestly say the principal is one of the hardest working prinicpals that I've ever seen. She truly has our children's best intesterests at heart as well as her staff. I have seen her prove this time and time again. I am thrilled that all of my children have had the opportunity to attend Zarrow. It has been a wonderful experience for us and them overall.

3613 South Hudson Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74135
Last modified Henry Zarrow International School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.