Allen-Bowden Public School

Public | PK-8

Posted October 3, 2011

My child has been going to AB from pk-5 this year. My wife and I decided we were going to be looking at private schools during her 4 grade year summer break, that year we got a new principal, a man who by just looking at you could tell would have no problem running the school his way, the right way, handling teachers and making sure they are doing their jobs like a good employeer, if you are not doing you your job as a teacher the man will let you know about it. During my daughters 4th grade year her test scores are up, the teachers seem to have snaped to attention, more parents are involved, for the first time we were handed flyers reminding all parents to vote for school bonds, which we passed the first in a long time.We decided to keep our daughter there and so far so good. We are sending our pre k son there this year and feel really good about it. Great job AB school board in hiring the new principal. Thank you . Happy parent.

Posted August 17, 2011

I went to Allen Bowden from PK to 8th grade. From PK to 4th grade or so, it was a great school. If I didn't understand something, they'd teach me different ways of doing something. Around 6th grade, they stopped caring so much, in my opinion. In 7th grade, they offered Pre Algebra (also offered in 7th grade at Sapulpa) and in 8th grade, they had offered Pre Algebra II, until my year, when they put everyone in Pre Alg in Pre Alg again. So I should be in Algebra II next year, but thanks to Allen Bowden, I'm in Geometry. The special ed program is quite limited as well. My brother and I live in the same house, but he has to go to Kellyville because he has autism. Overall, this school basically taught me that it's not important to be challenged, excel, but it's absolutely crucial to have a 45 minute block of reading time.

Posted October 14, 2009

The academics in this school are actually very good. When I transfered to Sapulpa for my 8th grade year, I was actually ahead of all the other students. I was taught the majority of my Algebra class in Pre-Algebra II at Allen Bowden. The same is with my AP English class, most of which I was taught in 5th grade! The only concern I have with this school is the fights. There are many in the junior high, mostly between guys. I haven't personally seen any drugs, but they're probably around at least some of the time. Teachers have updated equipment, and actually listen to your problems. Though every school has it's negatives, this school has many positives as well.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 3, 2009

My oldest (3rd grade) went to Sand Springs for 3 years (k,1 & 2) and when we transf. to A B she was behind. Her teacher is one of the finest I have seen in a long time and not only has she caught up, but she has exceeded our expectations. We love the small school atmosphere and wouldn't change it for a minute. Just wished the school went all the way through 12th grade. No complaints here!

Posted August 10, 2007

In any school, you will find unmotivated teachers, teachers who should explore other options rather than stay in an environment they perceive as negative. If a child is unlucky enough to get this teacher, approaching our administration in a calm, factual matter will most likely get a good result for the child. Administration does care, they push for high achievement in both students and teachers. Discipline is firm; poor behavior choices are not tolerated. Our school is very small, but this allows for teachers to be familiar with most students, which creates a closeness and a safe environment. Parent involvement could be greater, we care about our students', we are professionals in our fields, and we ask that parents be available.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 12, 2007

academic progress is extremely low the students are unmotivated and unwilling to work. Lessons are watered down to make grades appear to be higher than they are. Parent involvement is almost nonexistant. There is no administration support for the teachers. Discipline is nonconsistant.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 11, 2007

We adopted our children, and this is the school we chose to place them in, as we are not satisfied with Sapulpa Public Schools. After being in the school for 9 months, it has been an awesome experience for us! Our chldren are in 3rd and 5th grade (4th and 6th next year) and their teachers always answer calls or emails, and are concerned about their well-being physically, emotionally, and academically. For those complaining about a lack of LD or ADHD type education, those individuals should consider getting their children on IEP's (Individualized Education Plans) so their children's school can receive extra money needed to personalize their children's education experience. This school has band, music, track, basketball...starting at early ages...so extra curricular activities are great if your child is of any of these activities 'mind'. Kudos to AB! Go Wildcats!

Posted November 14, 2006

My children have attended this school for 3 years and I believe the children are not receiving the best of education Oklahoma has to offer. My kids have ADHD and it very hard to get the staff of this facility to follow guide lines set forth to aid us, doctors, or any other persons/agency in information needed to help our children. Much more is needed in this school than new buildings!

Posted May 5, 2005

The other parents are right it is a small net school, but they are not real good at teaching the slower learning students. They put my son in LD in 1st grade he was one year behind his grade and now 6th grade he is four years behind. They have dropped the ball with teaching my child to read and write. I will also agree they do care about their music and their basketball, but if you are a child that doesn't play basketball they have to take their PE period walking in a housing add. beside the school so that the basketball players can have the gym to practice.(2miles) So if you have a child that is a little slow or doesn't play basketball, don't enroll your child in this school.

Posted September 18, 2003

Allen-Bowden is a great place to start your learning experience. It is a small community school where every child is given special attention. The faculty has always been friendly and well trained. The band teacher is outstanding. Our Jazz band is ranked #1.

Posted August 31, 2003

This is a small wonderful school. My daughter has been attending here since Pre-K first started. They have wonderful caring teachers and are really concerned about each and every student. The band and basketball programs are highly rated. We currently lived in the school district when my daughter started Allen Bowden. Now we live 20 miles away in another town and I had her transferred to keep her here. Education is very important to me and that's why she attends this school.

Posted August 10, 2003

This is a great school. We have small school closeness and Big time pride. We have an award winning Band program and a top ranking Basketball program. My son has attended here since Kindergarten. We love this school. Top notch. Go wilcats!!!

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2012.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2011-2012 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, grades 5 and 8 in science and writing, grade 5 in social studies, grade 7 in geography, and grade 8 in U.S. history and government. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 91% in 2012.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

19 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

22 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2012.

17 students were tested at this school in 2012.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 89% in 2012.

19 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2012.

27 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2012.

28 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 90% in 2012.

26 students were tested at this school in 2012.

U.S. History and Government

The state average for U.S. History and Government was 77% in 2012.

26 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 95% in 2012.

34 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 78%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7049 Frankoma Rd