Tulsa, OK

Posted October 03, 2011
My child has been going to AB from pk-5 this year. My wife and I decided we were going to be looking at private schools during her 4 grade year summer break, that year we got a new principal, a man who by just looking at you could tell would have no problem running the school his way, the right way, handling teachers and making sure they are doing their jobs like a good employeer, if you are not doing you your job as a teacher the man will let you know about it. During my daughters 4th grade year her test scores are up, the teachers seem to have snaped to attention, more parents are involved, for the first time we were handed flyers reminding all parents to vote for school bonds, which we passed the first in a long time.We decided to keep our daughter there and so far so good. We are sending our pre k son there this year and feel really good about it. Great job AB school board in hiring the new principal. Thank you . Happy parent.

Posted August 17, 2011
I went to Allen Bowden from PK to 8th grade. From PK to 4th grade or so, it was a great school. If I didn't understand something, they'd teach me different ways of doing something. Around 6th grade, they stopped caring so much, in my opinion. In 7th grade, they offered Pre Algebra (also offered in 7th grade at Sapulpa) and in 8th grade, they had offered Pre Algebra II, until my year, when they put everyone in Pre Alg in Pre Alg again. So I should be in Algebra II next year, but thanks to Allen Bowden, I'm in Geometry. The special ed program is quite limited as well. My brother and I live in the same house, but he has to go to Kellyville because he has autism. Overall, this school basically taught me that it's not important to be challenged, excel, but it's absolutely crucial to have a 45 minute block of reading time.

Allen-Bowden Public School 3

Posted October 14, 2009
The academics in this school are actually very good. When I transfered to Sapulpa for my 8th grade year, I was actually ahead of all the other students. I was taught the majority of my Algebra class in Pre-Algebra II at Allen Bowden. The same is with my AP English class, most of which I was taught in 5th grade! The only concern I have with this school is the fights. There are many in the junior high, mostly between guys. I haven't personally seen any drugs, but they're probably around at least some of the time. Teachers have updated equipment, and actually listen to your problems. Though every school has it's negatives, this school has many positives as well.

Posted September 23, 2009

Posted February 03, 2009
My oldest (3rd grade) went to Sand Springs for 3 years (k,1 & 2) and when we transf. to A B she was behind. Her teacher is one of the finest I have seen in a long time and not only has she caught up, but she has exceeded our expectations. We love the small school atmosphere and wouldn't change it for a minute. Just wished the school went all the way through 12th grade. No complaints here!

Allen-Bowden Public School 1

Posted October 27, 2008

Allen-Bowden Public School 1

Posted August 21, 2008

Posted December 05, 2007

Allen-Bowden Public School 4

Posted August 10, 2007
In any school, you will find unmotivated teachers, teachers who should explore other options rather than stay in an environment they perceive as negative. If a child is unlucky enough to get this teacher, approaching our administration in a calm, factual matter will most likely get a good result for the child. Administration does care, they push for high achievement in both students and teachers. Discipline is firm; poor behavior choices are not tolerated. Our school is very small, but this allows for teachers to be familiar with most students, which creates a closeness and a safe environment. Parent involvement could be greater, we care about our students', we are professionals in our fields, and we ask that parents be available.

Posted July 12, 2007
academic progress is extremely low the students are unmotivated and unwilling to work. Lessons are watered down to make grades appear to be higher than they are. Parent involvement is almost nonexistant. There is no administration support for the teachers. Discipline is nonconsistant.

Allen-Bowden Public School
7049 Frankoma Road, Tulsa, OK  74131
Last modified Allen-Bowden Public School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allen-Bowden Public School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top