Jenks East Elementary School

Public | PK-4

Posted February 29, 2012

There is lots of Bullying that goes on at this school, my son has had things stolen out his desk with no follow up from the teachers/staff. my son has went from straight A's from all his other schools to C's & D's at this school.

Posted November 4, 2011

This is really is an OK school. Teacher could be more friendly and helpful for kids who need more advance school work.

Posted June 30, 2011

I am a parent of a 6year old whom just completed the Kindergarden program. I am VERY upset with the school due to the fact that my son is not ready to go to the 1st grade and have requested him to be held back. The school has not worked with me on this matter. I have had to go to a child psy. to get the matter taken care. What happened to doing what is best for the child? Why are we waiting till he gets in the 2nd grade and then hold kids back due to law requirements? I have also changed school district since Jenks does not have my child's best interest in mind.

Posted June 29, 2011

I have 2 children in JEE and so far we love the school. Most teachers are wonderful. The site principal is involved and truly cares for this children. We also love the school diversity. The test scores are unsatisfactory for reasons the staff will be glad to discuss, but the school is taking every measure to address and solve this problem.

Posted May 21, 2010

JEE is a wonderful school with great teachers! I am moving and refuse to leave this school district.sc

Posted February 4, 2010

This is a great school! My little one is in pre-k here and he loves going to school everyday! His teacher is excellent with kids of this age and she makes learning fun!!

Posted October 5, 2009

Wonderful leadership and education for your childern

Posted October 2, 2009

I loved this school because my teachers truly believed in each and every one of their students. Every faculty member made the utmost commitment not only to the education of their children, but also to enriching each life by instilling the desire to be lifelong students of the world in which we all continue to learn and coexist. Never have I experienced in all my successive education such a priority in action towards educating kids to create, explore, inquire, and embrace character and active citizenship--and all this takes place at the elementary school level, but not without fundamentally immeasurable value beyond these most formative of years!

Posted August 19, 2005

I went to Jenks K-12th grade and graduated in May of 2000. I have the most wonderful memories of my education and growing up within the school system. I went on to the University of Oklahoma and am now a teacher myself. I would send my children to Jenks in a heartbeat because it fosters the needs of all types of children and encourages positive development in all areas.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 19, 2005

My 2 daughters started at Jenks East and went through the High School. Both the University of Notre Dame and University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center are glad they did well.

Posted December 29, 2004

I graduated from Jenks Public Schools in the spring of 2003. I was very pleased with the teachers, and the quality of the education I reveived. The teachers were friendly and knowlegeable in the fields they taught. I look forward to sending my children to Jenks in the future.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

186 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

186 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

194 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

195 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 55%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8925 So Harvard