Posted June 27, 2014
VA Public Schools offers a quality education. The "whole" student is educated. Parent involvement is encouraged and welcomed. We are glad to be part of this community and school system.

Posted April 29, 2014
GREAT TEACHERS & CARING STAFF. GREAT PTO .VERY CARING ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL, WOULD RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ALL SMALL TOWNS

Posted April 15, 2011
I am a teacher at Velma-Alma. Grades are posted on a regular basis. We do eligibility every week as required. If a football player or any other student is ineligible they do not participate in extracurricular activities. If students do not take care of business in the classroom they don't get to participate in any extracurricular activities. Report cards go out 4 times a year (which means they go out for the first time during football season). We have plenty of students who graduate and go on to have great careers all over the country. For example one of my former students is an attorney practicing in Arkansas. Another is the stage manager for Keith Urban and has traveled the world over many times. One is a pyschologist in Texas and one is a doctor in Tulsa. I could go on and on about my former students but it would take a few weeks. And yes some have chosen to stay in Velma and raise their families and their is nothing wrong in this. I am very proud to be a VELMA-ALMA COMET!

Posted April 14, 2011
Velma-Alma Public Schools is one of the best schools in Oklahoma! They have a great staff that actually cares for each and every student. I am a PROUD Alumi of Velma-Alma Public Schools. My children got an outstanding education at V-A and now are very productive adults, one is a teacher and one is a psychologist. The thing we all need to remember is: it takes everyone from parents, teachers, and administration to ensure a good educatin for our children. We, as parents cannot depend on the school to teach our children everything. We, as parents have to step up to the plate and make sure we do everything we can to help our children succeed in life. We have to teach them good values at home, through lessons and examples. We have to help them with their homework and make sure they get it all done. A teacher cannot do a child's homework for them, we all have to work together. Velma-Alma has great academic programs that challenge the students. I cannot imagine my children going anywhere else. Love my COMETS!

Posted April 14, 2011
Velma-Alma Public Schools is Super! Awesome teachers, great administration, Excellent support staff, grade A school!

Posted April 14, 2011
I have worked at Velma-Alma Public Schools for almost 20 years! I absolutely love my job and my boss! I would say our teachers are top notch! We have a group of well educated teachers working with the students and they are given every opportunity to succeed. The students are given everything humanly possible to succeed, but they have to take what they learn and run with it. It is the responsibility of the student to further their education. But I can promise you this, the education they get at V-A is ecellent! Cathy Little

Velma-Alma High School 1

Posted February 11, 2011
They're more concerned with Athletics then with Academics. Teachers hold off grading so athletes stay eligible through season. (Mostly football) Kids do not get the education needed to become anything more in life then working in the town it self, for someone else. The teachers there do not care. They just want a paycheck.

Velma-Alma High School
1111 Main Street, Velma, OK  73491
Last modified Velma-Alma High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Velma-Alma High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top