Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted October 13, 2015
When we first enrolled I loved the school. After the previous principal left and the new one was hired my opinion has changed. I'm glad it's my student's last year at this school so I will no longer have to deal with the administration. My student gets good grades and is not a discipline problem but because we are not involved in athletics we don't matter. I have attempted to talk to the principal about an issue with another student and did not receive a call back until a month later and several emails and voicemail messages were left. Disappointing to say the least. Ms. Adair should not be in the position she is in, period!

Wagoner High School 1

Posted September 15, 2010
It's all has to do with who you know. Sports, they support, and always will, for most part, the teachers do a good job, but as far as the leaders, and i do mean the office staff, principle and super attendant, what a lousy joke they are.

Posted May 06, 2010
Overall, wagoner high school is a great school. The rules they enforce are mostly relavent. I can't say that about all rules that the school enforces. However, I do know that they have our safety in mind. It's my senior year at whs, and out of the three years i have spent there, I feel like I've recieved a good education. No school is perfect, there is favoratism in some cases, and there are teachers that don't teach (if you're concerned about your education, you wont take the classes they 'teach'). What school doesn't have those problems? No school is free of thos problems. I'm proud to be graduating in the top ten percent of the WHS class of 2010.

Wagoner High School 5

Posted May 04, 2010
This school is amazing I feel so at home and I'm only a freshman. I am so happy we don't have uniforms here! :]

Posted May 26, 2009
I am a 2009 graduate and got accepted to Oklahoma state's honors college. Also, there were 6 total students who will also be attending various honors colleges. In the past 10 years we have had three students attend ivy league colleges. A 1984 graduate made forbes magazine. A number of graduates have gone on to careers in the medical an law professions. Wagoner high school is a great learning institute but like any school, you get out of it what you put in!

Wagoner High School 4

Posted March 23, 2009
Wagoner High School is not what the people of this website are making it out to be. Yes, there are rules, and yes, they need to be followed. The students and parents act like Wagoner Public Schools are the only schools in America with rules that are expected to be followed. Yes, the rules may seem strange sometimes, but it is all just a safety precaution. I do not agree with the way some problems are solved, but everyone has their own opinion. The teachers at the school for the most part are excellent. Yes, some teachers are there just for the paycheck, but most are there to actually see the students succeed in life. Even though only '1/3 of students go on to attend college' has absolutely NOTHING to do with the school itself. Wagoner teaches students that they have the power to make their own decision.

Wagoner High School 3

Posted March 07, 2006
Okay fellow parents, Wagoner High School is not the worst school. It does support its sports, but it also supports its education. Wagoner High School is not all as bad as you people are putting it. My kids have gone to Wagoner schools all of their lives, all four of them and none of my kids have complain of anything, maybe you parents dont like to see that your child may be a trouble child. It is probably is your child causing the problem and not the school or teachers. As a parent I know where you are coming from, but you could put your kid in a more worse school than Wagoner

Wagoner High School 4

Posted February 01, 2005
I had two children graduate from Wagoner High School and they loved it. I feel they had great teachers who really worked with them and cared about them. The principals were firm but fair and that is what is needed. Parents these days spend all their time complaining and not enough time involved with their kids. They don't discipline them at home and they don't want anyone else to discipline them. Then they sit back and gripe and expect a miracle. I rate Wagoner High Scholl as excellent and I am glad my kids went to school there.

Posted January 21, 2005
I graduated from Wagoner in 2003, I was one of the lucky ones that was able to get into college, less than a third of Wagoner High School graduates go to college, isn't that sad. I blame the school for not going the distance with education. I worked in the office for a year, discipline for trivial matters took up most of the Vice Principle s time. The Principle did a lot of reading. . . The Tulsa World, but the principle was fairer than the vp. One of the school counselors new what was going on, the other seemed always in the dark. The teachers, there were a hand full of excellent teachers, most are now retired. The football team gets a lot of attention even thought they loose 95% of the games. Extracurricular activities need more money, BPA, FCCLA, Drama, Academic Team, FFA, TSA, Speech, Vocal, Band et al.

Posted January 20, 2005
Wagoner High School needs a complete Administrative makeover. My step son wore a black leather jacket with a 2 inch orange stripe on it and was told he had to take it off because it was not dress code approved. He went all day long (mid January) with only sleeves to stay warm. He also received Saturday detention for wearing a t shirt that had the Great Seal Of The Choctaw Nation on it. Now how can either of these garments offend or hender another students education? I understand that other students have had similiar problems, and that some outraged parents were escorted from school property because the principal has the BIG ME little you additude. Speek up people! Stand up and be counted.

300 Bulldog Circle, Wagoner, OK  74467
Last modified Wagoner High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.