Posted February 14, 2011
i am very disappointed in the Walters Middle School. They state to have a no tolerance policy about bullying, yet my son has continually been bullied and my son is the one to get in trouble. I have repeatedly spoken to the principal at the school about this issue, and the response that i get from the principal is that my son needs to not run his mouth. My son is a 13 year old boy at this age thats all they know how to do. My son has been enrolled in many schools due to moving around and this is the first school that he has had problems in. This being said that would lead me to believe the issues stem more from the school than from my child

Walters Middle School 4

Posted December 05, 2010
Overall a pretty good rural school. Good art, vocal programs but the band is lacking. Athletic programs are also very strong; School could use a track. Also math needs to be improved.

Posted April 20, 2010
Military unfriendly. I'll say it again. Military unfriendly! The one saving grace of this school is the excellent teachers. The admin staff is horrible. They argued with my wife and blocked her from originally enrolling our son. She practically had to get city councel involved just to enroll him. They constantly stayed out of touch. Whenever I would ask a question about something coming up it would be 'I don't know' or 'check the website'. One week I was asking about possibly setting up a parent teacher conference, they neglected to tell me that there was one coming up that week! My child's locker never worked - he had to carry around all his books. We told them this on occasion and when we disenrolled our child they had the nerve to act like they never heard it. Horrible admin. I've seen fast food joints ran better than this school.

Posted October 30, 2007

Walters Middle School 5

Posted July 01, 2005
The Middle School at Walters in a good school. The class sizes are great and some of the teachers really care about the kids. We have a great coaches. The teachers and principal at the school do a good jobs of making sure we learn AND have fun. I think that Wlaters Middle School is one of the best school in the area.

Posted May 26, 2004
- a former student

Walters Middle School
418 South Broadway Street, Walters, OK  73572
Last modified Walters Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walters Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top