Bad
Good

I love going there and the teachers actually do care about us

Teachers care a lot about their students. Students come from all walks of life and are diverse with their backgrounds. The school spirit is awesome, everyone wants to be a Wildcat!

Develops character: Agree

The Coaches dedicate their time and lives to making us better athletes

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers here are awesome!!! They make learning so much fun!!

Extremely organized, very understanding with special needs and truly caring teachers as well as staff members . Always putting the kids interests first.

I do not act on what I hear. If you hear something bad about this school please contact me, I am the PTA president for this school and I do not have children there yet. I heard bad things and wanted to check it out. I will take you through the school and show you what is happening. I will show you what this school is. My children will do great. The principal and staff are awesome. Please do not act on gossip, come and see for yourself.

My daughter is in a Putnam city elementary school right now and I have heard nothing but bad things about this school from parents that let their children try the school and from the staff at my daughters school. I have heard the principal does nothing about bullying because they dont want to lose grant money. I WILL NOT even take a chance on this school as my daughters educational experience if far too important to leave up to chance. I along with others would rather use a OKC Public School, now what does that tell you?? Run while you can.

I love this school. The teachers are great. The atmosphere encourages loyalty and builds charecter. I do think the kids however need some guidance on what life is really all about. Not expensive clothes and looks and popularity. I see a lot of their online activity and it lacks commonsense. But you can't blame the school for that. Charecter starts at home with parents.

I have had three children go through this school. As with anything in life - you get out of something what you put into it. We've put blood, sweat, and tears into their education and we've gotten excellent results for all three. The counselor Mr. Horn is excellent, the extracurricular programs are awesome and more than you'd expect from any public school anywhere, much less in Oklahoma, and some of the teachers are incredible like Mrs. Thompson, the FCCLA teacher.

my daughter has had so many issues at this school.the teachers are good,but the principal's are another story! they don't follow through at all,there not equal! my daughter got in a fight this year,and while she was defending herself,another girl sprayed her with pepper spray,and she was suspended!!! that just this year...last year was even worst,death threats,being jumped,nothing ever happen.this is one of the worst schools ever,i don't think the principals care,and they never will.but i bet if one of there kids were jumped or fought with all the time,and pepper sprayed..it would be a different story.

Last modified James L. Capps Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.