Warr Acres, OK

James L. Capps Middle School 3

Posted September 20, 2014
I do not act on what I hear. If you hear something bad about this school please contact me, I am the PTA president for this school and I do not have children there yet. I heard bad things and wanted to check it out. I will take you through the school and show you what is happening. I will show you what this school is. My children will do great. The principal and staff are awesome. Please do not act on gossip, come and see for yourself.

Posted September 17, 2013
My daughter is in a Putnam city elementary school right now and I have heard nothing but bad things about this school from parents that let their children try the school and from the staff at my daughters school. I have heard the principal does nothing about bullying because they dont want to lose grant money. I WILL NOT even take a chance on this school as my daughters educational experience if far too important to leave up to chance. I along with others would rather use a OKC Public School, now what does that tell you?? Run while you can.

James L. Capps Middle School 4

Posted September 15, 2013
I love this school. The teachers are great. The atmosphere encourages loyalty and builds charecter. I do think the kids however need some guidance on what life is really all about. Not expensive clothes and looks and popularity. I see a lot of their online activity and it lacks commonsense. But you can't blame the school for that. Charecter starts at home with parents.

James L. Capps Middle School 5

Posted August 06, 2012
I have had three children go through this school. As with anything in life - you get out of something what you put into it. We've put blood, sweat, and tears into their education and we've gotten excellent results for all three. The counselor Mr. Horn is excellent, the extracurricular programs are awesome and more than you'd expect from any public school anywhere, much less in Oklahoma, and some of the teachers are incredible like Mrs. Thompson, the FCCLA teacher.

Posted November 17, 2011
This school has failed to meet Oklahoma Standarized Testing for 2 years in a row. My child has been attending this school for 2 years and we are very disappointed in the quality of education. There is never any homework assigned by any of the teachers and when we questioned the teachers at the parent teacher conferences the answer we get is the students don't do the homework, so why should we assign it. REALLY, who are the adults in this situation and what lesson's are we teaching our kids. No wonder they fail to meet the standarized testing. The 7th grade girls soccer coach is terrible. Our daughter was on the team for the season and they lost every game, but yet the coach would be on her cell phone during the game. Behavorial problems run rampant in this school. There appears to be a disconnect between faculty and administration. It seems that this school hires from the bottom of the barrel when it comes to teachers. We consistently email and call our daughters teachers to find out out about progress and we never can get anyone to return our calls or emails.

Posted October 03, 2010
my daughter has had so many issues at this school.the teachers are good,but the principal's are another story! they don't follow through at all,there not equal! my daughter got in a fight this year,and while she was defending herself,another girl sprayed her with pepper spray,and she was suspended!!! that just this year...last year was even worst,death threats,being jumped,nothing ever happen.this is one of the worst schools ever,i don't think the principals care,and they never will.but i bet if one of there kids were jumped or fought with all the time,and pepper sprayed..it would be a different story.

James L. Capps Middle School 5

Posted April 24, 2010
My daughter attends Capps & loves it! She's involved in 2 clubs in addition to Orchestra, & has gone on at least 5 field trips this yr. I can check her grades online, & her teachers have been very helpful w/any question I've had. She's made great friends & says she feels like her teachers truly care about her. Any problems she's mentioned are problems any school has (some disruptive students, SOME kids not behaving for substitutes, etc).

James L. Capps Middle School 0

Posted January 01, 2010
my children are attending Capps Middle School Right now. The teachers on the Lynx team are excellent Teachers. If my child is behind or needs help or is having Behavior issues they call and let me know that. THey stay after school and they help your child with the stuff they're having problems with. I havent had any problems.

James L. Capps Middle School 3

Posted February 27, 2009

Posted January 30, 2009
I know students treat substitutes badly, but today I only stayed at capps middle school half the day because they were that bad. I let the office know I was leaving because i was being disrespected (after multiple teachers coming in to help me) and the principal just made excuses for the students. I don't care how much your teacher has been gone, this amount of disrespect is inexcusable. This makes me disappointed in our youth and the authority figures at cms.

James L. Capps Middle School
4020 North Grove Avenue, Warr Acres, OK  73122
Last modified James L. Capps Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James L. Capps Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top