Bad
Good

Teachers care a lot about their students. Students come from all walks of life and are diverse with their backgrounds. The school spirit is awesome, everyone wants to be a Wildcat!

Develops character: Agree

The Coaches dedicate their time and lives to making us better athletes

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers here are awesome!!! They make learning so much fun!!

The teachers are mean and I was framed for something that I didn't do!!! There are too many bullies and people hate emos!!!! The pricipals aren't very suportive and my freind was cutting and they do absolutely nothing other than call his parents!!!!! The counselor called my other freind crazy and the school is filthy!!! I have been bullied so much. I don't like our school already, and I'm only in sixth grade!!!!!! They do nothing about self harm OR suicide!!!!

Extremely organized, very understanding with special needs and truly caring teachers as well as staff members . Always putting the kids interests first.

I do not act on what I hear. If you hear something bad about this school please contact me, I am the PTA president for this school and I do not have children there yet. I heard bad things and wanted to check it out. I will take you through the school and show you what is happening. I will show you what this school is. My children will do great. The principal and staff are awesome. Please do not act on gossip, come and see for yourself.

My daughter is in a Putnam city elementary school right now and I have heard nothing but bad things about this school from parents that let their children try the school and from the staff at my daughters school. I have heard the principal does nothing about bullying because they dont want to lose grant money. I WILL NOT even take a chance on this school as my daughters educational experience if far too important to leave up to chance. I along with others would rather use a OKC Public School, now what does that tell you?? Run while you can.

I love this school. The teachers are great. The atmosphere encourages loyalty and builds charecter. I do think the kids however need some guidance on what life is really all about. Not expensive clothes and looks and popularity. I see a lot of their online activity and it lacks commonsense. But you can't blame the school for that. Charecter starts at home with parents.

I have had three children go through this school. As with anything in life - you get out of something what you put into it. We've put blood, sweat, and tears into their education and we've gotten excellent results for all three. The counselor Mr. Horn is excellent, the extracurricular programs are awesome and more than you'd expect from any public school anywhere, much less in Oklahoma, and some of the teachers are incredible like Mrs. Thompson, the FCCLA teacher.

This school has failed to meet Oklahoma Standarized Testing for 2 years in a row. My child has been attending this school for 2 years and we are very disappointed in the quality of education. There is never any homework assigned by any of the teachers and when we questioned the teachers at the parent teacher conferences the answer we get is the students don't do the homework, so why should we assign it. REALLY, who are the adults in this situation and what lesson's are we teaching our kids. No wonder they fail to meet the standarized testing. The 7th grade girls soccer coach is terrible. Our daughter was on the team for the season and they lost every game, but yet the coach would be on her cell phone during the game. Behavorial problems run rampant in this school. There appears to be a disconnect between faculty and administration. It seems that this school hires from the bottom of the barrel when it comes to teachers. We consistently email and call our daughters teachers to find out out about progress and we never can get anyone to return our calls or emails.

Last modified James L. Capps Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.