Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher here: While there may be many negative comments about this school I can attest that it is getting better. Our new principal is very enthusiastic and genuinely wants to make this school better in all possible facets. Yes, the students here are constantly cursing and getting in fights but that happens in every school. This is a title I school where most students come from low income families. Education just isn't a priority for certain students and their parents. With that being said, things are getting better. The school's report card grade is the highest in the district & our community involvement is rising. It just takes time. We teachers do greatly care for our student's welfare and most of us do our very best to help our students succeed.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Too much is given but its not the kind that has any educational value or meaning. That grade letter means absolutely nothing if you don't know the material yourself.

Develops character: Disagree

If you play a Sport, you have a one way ticket to do anything you want and to get anything you want. The school treats its students with no respect and has no care in the world.

As a student of Putnam City High School, the teachers are not very caring exempting maybe 1 or 2 that I have had and the teaching blatantly is very dull and not very good. Bullying happens on the daily and foul language is used consistently among all the classes. No more funding for the extra curricular activities and all money goes to Sports. If you are a parent, I would not recommending sending your student to this school. If you are a student attending this school now, Feelings mutual.

they delete negative comments BEWARE what does that tell you. Notice the dates on all comments are old ones.....

I'm a student and this is my second day. So far everyone is so rude- not to mention the assistant principal! He was pretty disrespectful towards me. It is very confusing if you are new, no help around. I'm a freshman. I feel bad for any new freshmen. Also, I'm not sure about how great the actual teaching is, but so far Spanish 2 seems like the best class I have. The rest seem easy and I am actually excited for Math.

Unless in a school sport, no attention is given to you. The band program needs a new life, the instuctors are amazing though. Overrall the schools well. Needs improvement in some areas.

Good: School offers numerous activities, privileges, tutoring/releasing early, and credit recovery. Bad: Discipline is AWFUL. As I go to the school currently, the lack of respect, and knowledge at the school is way below average. The school needs a major reconstruction of the policies and disciplinary system.

My grandson, a senior at PCO this year, has not encountered any of the negative activities mentioned on some of the reviews. His time at PCO has been filled with baseball, class projects, & homework & has had wonderful teachers and coaches to help him along the way. Whenever I've needed the help of office staff, they've been courteous and very helpful assisting in any way they can. Even student aides respond with politeness & are eager to help. PCO also offers a number of extracurricular activities in many areas of interest & a curriculum that keeps the students challenged. I would recommend PCO to anyone within the District. I'm grateful for the excellent education my grandson has received & I'm sure my other grandchildren will be as fortunate if attending PCO.

This is the worse school i have ever seen . The staff does not work well with the students or parents. The staff sits around and eats in the office . A lot of fighting seems to be allowed and bulling . They didnt even have my child on record after i had already went thru all the enrollment . GOOD LUCK !

Last modified Putnam City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.