Bad
Good

Wyandotte High School 2

Posted April 01, 2009
My children go to Wyandotte school and I must say I m very disappointed. Their administrators are oblivious as to what goes on. They do not communicate with the parents. They complain about parents not being involved however they do not take the proper steps into contacting the parents and keeping them informed. The school blames a lot of their short comings on lack of funding but that simply is not true. They receive plenty of outside funds from the many Indian tribes in the communities however they choose to a lot the money to sports instead of helping further education. If I could afford private school for my children I would.

Wyandotte High School 3

Posted January 04, 2009
After reviewing the previous thoughts of others, i have to agree that there is more emphasis on sports here. I just don't understand why physical education is not required after 6th grade. I remember PE up to 9th and under the watchful eye of an teacher. And the teacher was always involved. I have two boys, one is into sports the other not so much. However they both do well on the academic side and seem to do fine. School like everything else in life is not a bed of roses, but these are the years where molding our young occur. They need the teachers to be teachers and leave the friendships up to the kids. In the end the victory is respect. I am not saying there shouldn't be a bond, it is just that every relationship should have boundaries as well as expectations.

Posted October 28, 2008
If you want your kids to learn and be prepared for college send them to wyandotte.

Posted October 27, 2008
I have had a child at another school, he is now a senior and has become an entirely different kid since changing to Wyandotte. All my wife and I ever wanted was for him to be treated the same and given opportunities that he deserves and they have. All small schools will have their sports over shadow alot of different things that probably should matter more, but, that is just not how it happens in small town america. Sports can teach just as much as the classroom to a lot of children. I truely do not believe the school is perfect but I do know how they compare to another and sometimes you just don't know what you have. Wyandotte is a very good school that like others probably needs more funding and more dicipline. Maybe the dicipline should start at home for the kids?

Posted April 10, 2008
I currently go to wyandotte and i use to play sports i played all the way up to my sophomore year once i quit i became a nobody... so it is true i mean its a great school but its like if you dont have a certain name or if you are not an athlete than your pretty much an out cast and a nobody especially to the teachers

Posted March 11, 2008
I went to wyandotte from 2nd to 12th grade and it was ok but, If you dind't play a sport or was a 'chosen' one then you were just there and didn't matter. Now, my son goes to wyandotte high and isn't one of 'chosen' ones and he doesn't play sports. So, at wyandotte that means your a nobody. I bet if you asked all the people who said wyandotte was great then they were in sports or a chosen one. In other words the friends I made there were life long ones but the teachers and staff were the worst ever!

Posted September 17, 2007
I would have to say the quality of academic programs are great, I graduated from wyandotte with a 3.0 gpa and went to oklahoma state and graduated with a 3.8 I would have to say that wyandotte prepared me for college.

Posted September 13, 2007
well i don't care wat all these other people think but Wyandotte America is the greatest school ever and im not just saying that because im a senior its the truth!!!

Wyandotte High School 3

Posted September 12, 2007
I went to this school from k- 12 and graduated in 2003. This school was wonderful back then and had the perfect teacher student relations.

Wyandotte High School 2

Posted March 27, 2007
My child goes to wyandotte, I find the principal to be lacking in knowledge in how to run a school and also uncaring about unpopular or non-football playing children. there is no arts programs at wyandotte or none to speak of that is. How is a child suppose to get into collage if he has no real arts programs on his transcript?

5 South 1st Street, Wyandotte, OK  74370
Last modified Wyandotte High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.