Yukon, OK

Posted January 21, 2011
there are many changes coming to the yukon school district. the fourth and fifth grades are being moved out of the elementary and into the city of yukon which is about fifteen minutes from surrey hills. surrey has not been considered into the districts big plans. many parents feel very betrayed and many are moving.

Posted September 10, 2009
This is a great school, part of the Yukon district but has a small town feel. Parents are very involved, and that's how it should be...the school was never intended to replace parenting.

Surrey Hills Elementary School

Posted April 07, 2008
We recently moved to Oklahoma, and our 2 children attend Surrey Hills Elementary. I think the school is wonderful. The office staff and principal have been very welcoming and always available and responsive for any questions and concerns. We are thrilled with our children's teachers. They are great and offer ltos for nurturing, guidance and support. We like the small size of the school, although it continues to grow, like everywhere else. We give the school two thumbs up! I give this school two thumbs up.

Posted November 29, 2007
I would have to say that this school is average. I think that the school has adapted to the growth it has seen. On the flip side, I would have to say that the extra curricular activities offered in conjunction with this school are not adequate. This may be a district wide issue, but the High School sure has a lot to offer.

Posted February 22, 2007
We have recently moved into the neighborhood, and my 2 children attend this school. I have been extremely impressed with the positive environment. Every time I go in the building, I am greeted with smiles and friendly people. The secretary and Principal are always very willing to answer any questions, and I enjoy seeing the Principal actively involved with the students. I am delighted with the quality of education my children are receiving. Great School!

Surrey Hills Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2006
I do agree to the jan review. The school is in a nice area. I do feel that they are unable to work with any child that comes into the area with any type of need. It will be your job as a parent to fix any problem. It will also be your job to teach your child at home. The school will not give any help. The problem could be yukon public schools. I do not know how the school can handle any more growth, when it can not take care of what it has. Please do not let your child get behind.

Surrey Hills Elementary School 4

Posted February 15, 2006
I somewhat agree with the January 2005 review. My daughter has special needs and it took sometime to get the school actively involved in her care and receptive to her medical needs. However, I feel that the main problem lies with the Yukon Public School system as a whole. We need more nurses than just one for the whole district and our children need counselors at each school! So far the only concern I have about the school's rapid growth is the lack of organization when school is let out. It is a mad house at 3:30 every day.

Posted September 26, 2005
I disagree with the review from Jan 05. My son has been at Surrey for going on 3 years, and I am very pleased with the quality of his education. There is great parent involvement, but the teachers and the Principal have worked really hard to teach children responsibility and encourage them to grow and develop both academically and socially.

Posted September 23, 2005
My daughter has gone to Surrey Hills for 3 years now and we love it. The teachers and staff have always been helpful and friendly and make you feel like one big family. My daughterknows she can go to her teacher at any time if she is having difficulty. She has been on the honor roll every year since she started. Great school with great people!

Posted January 29, 2005
The school is growing rapidly, I am not sure if they are prepared to handle the growth. They perform poorly in handling special needs. Their best attribute is the parent involvement. It is a great school but you have to be involved to get your childs needs met.

Surrey Hills Elementary School
10700 Hastings Avenue, Yukon, OK  73099
(405) 373-1973
Last modified Surrey Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Surrey Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top