Yukon, OK
Students enrolled: 2,380

Posted May 28, 2013
My brother and I grew up in Yukon schools and loved it. I was in the last graduating class at the old building, so I don't have an opinion on the new building. But in my case, going to YHS was amazing. Generally, the teacher quality is superb. There was a definite divide between the harsher teachers and the calmer, friendlier ones and in the end I think it was a good balance. Personalities aside, the teaching methods at Yukon have helped me so much in college, and I appreciate it even more now that I'm about to graduate from university. I had a great experience as a student there because my other classmates were great. It was very easy to "mesh" with everyone, and I have to note that it was especially prevalent with new students. We are a very welcoming charm about us. Yes, there is a party scene but it's certainly pretty easy to avoid it if you want to. All in all, I'm shocked at how great YHS is considering Yukon as a town isn't all that great. Great staff, great students. I'm really thankful to have gone here.

Posted February 21, 2013
My children started at this school this year I am not pleased with what is going on. I moved my children to this district after i thought the last one was bad i was wrong. They may have nice things but I was wrong they do not truly care for their students its what they can get to make them selves look good. To me places that are more into their look are not in it for their students they are for the money that they can get out of people.

Posted August 10, 2012
I have had one daughter go through and graduate from Yukon High in 2012 and love this school. I have a second daughter who is a Junior this year and is excited about graduating from Yukon. The teachers, principals and staff are wonderful. The new high school is phenominal. It looks like a junior college instead of a high school and they aren't finished yet. They still have a ball field and swimming pool to add. I feel any child would be lucky to attend Yukon High.

Posted February 07, 2012
As a junior, I have gone to school in Yukon since kindergarten and I really enjoy it. We got a new high school this year (which is way to extravagant) and its really nice. As for the "drug" problem, there are drugs but people don't go around selling drugs to people, and not everyone does drugs, you just have to pick the right crowd to hang out with. And all schools have drugs and alcohol. Every single one of my teachers I have enjoyed, they all really care about the students and will help you succeed. I also noticed that most of the negative reviews on here come from parents who don't go to the school so they have no idea what its like, and the students seem to enjoy it. As for the policies, they go through the entire handbook at the beginning of the year so students know what's expected. At the beginning of my Freshman year I was surprised to find that Freshman really weren't bullied, you always hear horror story about kids getting picked on and you don't see it happen. I would reccomend this school to anyone and plan on sending my kids there when I get older. It really is a great school, and if you are skeptical about sending your kids there make them take Leadership with Mr. A!

Posted November 06, 2011
This school is a very pathetic excuse for an educational learning center. The only education they are concerned about giving is athletic education. The curriculum is poor, the teacher quality is poor, and they waste money on to many unnecessary things. They need to put more emphasis on academic learning and less on extracurricular activities. The new school building was not needed as the old one was not unusable and already nicer than many other schools have. It was a complete waste of money for the Yukon tax payers who are only interested in keeping up with appearances. This school needs to get back to basics. My child had received such a sub- par education at this school that we had to remove him and take him somewhere else where they were more concerned about teaching.

Yukon High School 3

Posted August 18, 2011
District has beautiful schools, but could do a better job of encouraging parent s involvement with education. All my children attend this district and graduated, some with good grades and some with great grades, but feeling that the teachers and staff REALLY wanted us to be involved with our children s education and ask questions was largely lacking, in fact very difficult. Good district, but has a lot of potential to be a GREAT district. Today s parents are more educated and more vocal about their children s needs. Education is on a cutting edge of new expectations.

Posted May 09, 2011
I am taking my three kids and moving out of this district. District isn't the same since Dr. Dean and Dr. Speath are gone. Administration isn't putting kids first.

Yukon High School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
I am a jr. at Yukon High School. I've gone to Yukon from kindergarten and I will graduate from Yukon High School. Parents can complain all they want about the schools policies and what not but the truth of the matter is Yukon is a wonderful school district. I have read complaining pertaining to everthing from smelly bathrooms to teachers bullying. The teachers don't bully students. That is possibly the most rediculous accusation in the world. Yukon teachers are amazing. Most of my role models have been Yukon teachers.Yukon is the best school you could send your son or daughter to. I've truly enjoyed it so far. There are more positives than negatives. (test scores, activities, class options, friendly students, and many, many more)

Posted January 26, 2010

Posted September 29, 2009

Yukon High School
1777 South Yukon Parkway, Yukon, OK  73099
Last modified Yukon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yukon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top