PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My family has been a part of Santiam Christian School for more than twelve years and we love it. My oldest son will be graduating in 2017 and I feel they have done an outstanding job academically to prepare our students for college. In addition, they have partnered with us as parents to help our children grow spiritually and emotionally. The football program, in particular, has offered wonderful lessons in leadership and sportsmanship.

My family loves Santiam Christian schools. They have a quality education, wonderful athletic program, excellent teachers and administration. They teach Christ centered and enforce the character traits I am trying to build at home. It is nice to have a school reinforce the morals and teachings you are trying to teach as a parent. My kids have been at SC since 2005. They have been through elementary, junior high, and high school. They love the school and so do my husband and I. No school or the kids that go there can be perfect, but Santiam Christian strives to be excellent and it shows!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Santiam Christian has a Character trait program that they use in all levels of the school to teach honesty, integrity, and morals. They apply it in the class room, chapel, and sports programs.

I have two children at this school currently and they have been attending for 10 years. This is not a perfect school but the administration, teachers and staff are always trying to show what a Christian world view is to our children and family. The school is big on Christian character, leadership and forgiveness. The school may not always get it right but neither do I. When I think about the fact that our children spend most of their daylight hours at a school that is focused on providing a Christian world view that is consistent with and supporting of the lifestyle I have chosen for my family, gives my wife and I great peace of mind.

After spending thousands and thousands of dollars and countless years as a parent and volunteer at SC, I can say without question that it was one of the worst decisions I ever made. The amount of gossip amongst staff is repulsive, the favoritism for certain families is disgusting, and the hypocrisy that runs rampant gives Christians a bad name. I regret ever forcing my children to attend this school. There is a large population of us that left and we now wonder what we were ever thinking. The Corvallis public school system is amazing, and full of more Christians than we ever encountered at Santiam.

TERRIBLE bully problem. The parents who wrote the reviews that say, 'no bully problem exists' probably have the child in their family. I was bullied because I wasn't into volleyball. Part of the school is so messy, too.

Santiam Christian is more than a school. It's a family. It's a place where character development in our kids is as important as academic success. I truly believe that Santiam is making a positive difference in the lives of our kids each and every day. I would recommend Santiam to anyone looking for a quality education, in a school that feels like an extended family.

My son has completed pre-school and almost kindergarten at Santiam Christian School. We love this school and look forward to having our daughter start attending next year. They are so caring with my kids and I am happy to know I can trust the people I have teaching my children. Well worth every sacrifice we make as a family to send our kids here.

I really enjoyed my time at Santiam. Having recently graduated from OSU I can say that I was very well prepared, and from what I hear they are offering way more AP classes then when I went. Not only would I recommend Santiam to anyone, I would send my own children there if I end up in this area when I have them!

Transportation for students is available and not for free so the majority of parents drive their kids to and from school. This makes their small parking lot a nightmare and it gets worse when the high school kids get released because they pour into the parking lot and don't pay attention to any of the cars trying to get out or in. There is not much diversity at this school and they have a very heavy emphasis on sports. Parent participation is high because it's required or pay extra money. My son went to school here for grade school and I ended up pulling him out in the third year. This school is good if your child fits into the model they have of what a good student should be. A teacher told me this and I never took my son to that school again.

Last modified Santiam Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12