PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

They were easily able to work with my daughter who was identified by one of her teachers as TAG (Talented and Gifted). I thought that they could work magic, until it came to my son who has a severe speech disability with some behaviors. We had notified them upon enrolling our daughter that we had two children with very different needs and were told "we can work with anyone", or something to that effect. Well, after a year of pre-K, they refused to enroll our son for Kindergarten. This was after being told for a year that "everything is great". He had potty accidents. He needed more time from the teacher. It is true, BUT, AT NO TIME DID THEY INDICATE THIS WAS A DIFFICULT PROBLEM FOR THEM THAT COULD RESULT IN OUR SON BEING REFUSED FOR KINDERGARTEN ENROLLMENT. They simply said indicated that everything was going well, and he was making great improvements. After several failed dates for a meeting that the administration insisted we have, we finally had the meeting where we were informed of their decision. To say that they did not handle our situation well is an understatement. It's easy for them to deal with easy students. They don't have any magic. My daughter learned fast because she is smart. They totally failed my son. They were perfectly happy to keep our daughter but could not have been surprised when we withdrew her . In summary, proceed with caution.

After having gone through college I really understand how well this school prepared me for high school and beyond. The education this school provided helped me to be extremely ahead of the curve compared to other private schools and public schools. I highly recommend this school if you want to help your child get ahead in life, and make sure they make enough to take care of you when you get older :)

My son went here for Pre-k and K. We've been very happy. Tons of parent participation. The teachers have control of the classroom. My son comes home openly speaking about religion. He enjoys the playground and adores the teachers. Good teacher to student ratio - affordable.

All 3 kids have attended this school, for a total of 16 years - the teachers really care for the students, small classes mean great academic attention and fun field trips!

Last modified Albany Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8