Albany, OR

Posted August 22, 2013
Please if you are thinking about having your child attend this school, don't listen to reviews before 2012. This last year they have gotten much more concerned about academics and anti-bullying. If your child tries to do well they will do well.

Posted August 16, 2013
The school has great teachers that want to help the students learn. If you need any help the staff is there to help in any way they can.

Calapooia Middle School 1

Posted February 27, 2012
Seems that there needs to be more supervision for students. My son started 6th grade this past fall, and he has complained about bullies numerous times to me. I asked him if he talked to the teachers, and he said no because they won't do anything about it. We contacted the Vice Principal about the situation, our son did not want us to use his name so we made a anonymous complaint, which he replied "What do you want me to do"? I've been in contact with other parents that have been going through this same thing...with the same bully...I think some serious restructuring needs to happen at this school. I find the response by the VP regarding this issue despicable. I WILL be in contact with the 8J school district to voice my concerns!

Calapooia Middle School 4

Posted October 21, 2008
Calapooia is a great school where if kids want to excell, they will. If they don't try then thats a whole different story. I am a band student and hold an after school band to help younger players. I think that Calapooia is an awsome place.

Calapooia Middle School 2

Posted August 22, 2008
my daughter went here for 2 years. Her grades slipped tremendously. I had the most difficult time getting in contact with teachers. I emailed most of them only to get either no response or a response up to a week later. By that time it's a little late. They give you very little information on how to know if your child has homework or not. I asked one teacher...'so if she has homework and comes home and tell me she doesn't, how can I find out if she's telling me the truth?' The teacher responded that there is no way. We expect the children to be responsible enough to make sure it gets done. (These were the exact words) I'm transfering my daughter to North Albany Middle School. It's rated much higher

Calapooia Middle School 4

Posted October 05, 2007
We just moved to the area and I have to say this is a great school. We moved here to get into an area with better schools and we could not be more happy about this one. My child has gone from an average student to one that wants to achieve top grades. It's amazing what enouragement can do for a child.

Posted July 20, 2007
I think this school is awesome! I can't wait to come back to school!

Calapooia Middle School 2

Posted August 03, 2004
Repeated attempts to have the teachers call us on updates to our child's progress were not done by some of the teachers. Some teachers there are just 'killing time' until retirement.

Posted July 19, 2004
Calapooia is a great school. Teachers are always helping students after class. The after school activities are great also.

Calapooia Middle School 1

Posted May 13, 2004
My oldest daughter attended Calapooia Middle School from 1998 through 2000. This is beyond a doubt the worst school I've had the displeasure of dealing with. Repeated requests to meet with the staff were denied for such reasons as the urgent need to coach basketball. Repeated calls to the science instructor went unanswered. In the end I pulled my daughter to home school her for a year where I found out her math skills were at the 3rd grade level even though she was in the 8th grade. She knew almost nothing of US History as well. In a year's time I brought her up to grade level and she went on successfully to the public high school. I did not want to home school but this school left me no choice. My other daughter now goes to Memorial Middle School and we're very happy with them.

Calapooia Middle School
830 SE 24th Ave, Albany, OR  97322
Last modified Calapooia Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Calapooia Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top