Posted May 13, 2015
I graduated from Life last year and, after coming from a different high school, I can honestly say it was the absolute best choice for me. I feel thoroughly prepared for college and my life as an independent adult. The AP classes have allowed me to test out of a number of gen. ed. classes and prepared me to succeed in others. Life gives incredible opportunities to travel internationally that are unlike any other school. I have literally traveled around the world to at least 3 different countries during my high school career and it has changed my life. The teachers at Life genuinely care about each individual student and do everything in their power to provide a quality education, as well, as produce well-rounded, motivated, individuals. As for the spiritual aspect, I always felt so encouraged to pursue my love for Jesus in every area of my life. The staff loves Jesus and communicate that not only through their words, but, more importantly, through their actions. This school is a close-knit community comprised of a diverse, well-educated and caring staff that is committed to the success of every single student. I am proud to call myself a Life alumni!

Posted January 12, 2015
We have been very blessed to have our children attend Life Christian School. From the beginning they've had teachers who cared about them both academically and spiritually. Because of the smaller class sizes they have been able to learn in a quiet comfortable atmosphere and the teachers have always been available to give extra help when needed. Fewer children in each grade also allows the kids to get to know each other and gives a feeling of family. LCS is a well rounded school with awesome teachers and a principle who leads with Godly wisdom. We would recommend LCS to anyone looking for a great school for their children.

Posted October 14, 2014
Our family loves it here at LCS. The teachers truly care about the individual learner and students are challenged to be critical thinkers. We have found that LCS has a great balance for academics, sports and fine arts. We highly recommend this school. The administration has had some turnover in the past few years and seems to be going in the right direction.

Posted October 14, 2014
Excellent School! My two daughters have been attending LCS for two years now. Our experience has been nothing but positive. We transferred here from a different private school without any regrets. The quality of education, remarkable caring teachers, reasonable class sizes, outstanding professional staff, respectful students, and excellent extracurricular activities provide the type of environment to which I feel completely confident that my children are where they need to be. I highly recommend this school!

Posted September 29, 2014
This is our 9th year at LCS and there is no place we would rather be. Students are respected, protected and loved here. The school's vision is forward thinking but still steeped in the basics of God's Word, led by a principal whose dedication is unparalleled. The teaching staff is phenomenal. They are connected to their students and will meet them with an education plan, specialized to their needs/strengths. It is a privilege to be part of this community.

Posted September 29, 2014
As a parent with a student in elementary and high school, I have a wide perspective. As this will be our 4th year at LCS, I also have long term experience with this school. I can say without any doubt or reservations that this is the best school and value in the Portland area.

Life Christian School 1

Posted September 24, 2014
Not a great place. You do not want to send your child here. Very shady stuff.

Posted July 20, 2014
I am very excited and proud of our students. This year, 3 of our 8th grade students won $1000 each for their robotics work in the national science competition E-Cybermission. Another student won an American Meteorological Society award for her research that was presented at the Intel Science Fair. Our students won the Judge's Choice Award for their underwater remotely operated vehicle. Not to mention the work of our Science Olympiad students who medaled at state. On the athletics side, the middle school basketball team won in division, a track member won first in state and several others also competed at state. That's just the "extra" stuff too. I am proud of the work the environmental science students did on nearby Butternut Creek. They presented their research to the City Council and have made more plans for the future. Students in the middle school won awards for Math, Debate, and Writing. Students also performed fantastically at the State Fine Arts Competition, along with one student who won the Golden Key Award for her artwork.

Life Christian School 2

Posted July 01, 2014
Attended for 3 years and are exploring other options. The absolute best part of the school are the teachers. Every one we have had is caring and the class sizes are small and there is a caring emphasis. The majority of the parents attend the church and there are many clicks at the school and big time parent/staff favoritism. It is a safe environment but we have had issues with the majority of the parents and many of the staff. The school is growing and evolving, visit the lunchroom for a pop-in-visit and make your own decision. It is also not uncommon to see some of the older more favored students roaming the hallways. There is zero parent involvement and volunteering is next to impossible. There is little communication and communal fostering unless you attend the church. I would offer a negative review if it were not for the Teachers. If we had not had so many issues with parents and staff we would stay. If you have no intention of being involved in the school or parents and are looking for good teachers and a small environment then LCS would still be a good option.
5 people found this helpful

Posted November 18, 2013
We Love Life Christian School!! With strong academics, passionate teachers who genuinely love and care for our students, amazing leadership, and great extra curricular activities, Life Christian School is a cut above the rest. We're very impressed with the teacher's attitude of the individual learning style, the teachers focus on the student's strengths and abilities in order to use them to reach their highest potential.They do a lot of project based learning along with the use of technology. The students are so prepared for college, in fact their average SAT score is 1771, that's higher than the national average and also Oregon's average. We also love the fact that our high school students go on mission's trips every year of high school, they can choose Mexico, Africa or downtown Portland, and last year some went to India. That's just another way to education our students and also teach them about serving & giving to others...it's an experience they'll have for a life time. We are beyond blessed to be a part of this wonderful school!

Life Christian School