No rating

Creative Childrens Center

Private | PK-3

Student diversity

Living in Aloha

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $183,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $950.

Posted July 31, 2014

This school is very overpriced for what you get . You don't realize all the extra fees fundraising and supplies you will be required to buy on top of parent helping and a job within the school. The are very unorganized. Last year the teacher was hired 2 weeks before the school year and she only lasted a month then another month with fill in teachers before another teacher was hired. Then that teacher left at the end of the school year. We would not recommend this preschool. Also be wary of the amount of days the kids are actually in school. They take at least 1 inservice day a month and a long Christmas and spring break with another week off in May for conferences.

Posted February 1, 2013

Creative Children's Center is a school where children and their parents are welcomed into a wonderful community. Our experience at CCC has been nothing but positive. We have had 2 children at CCC and this is our 6th year in the school. Our boys have become strong, independent thinkers who truly love learning.

Posted October 18, 2012

This is a great preschool where the children are highly valued. It does take time on the part of the parents to make it work, but it is well worth the effort. I love the attention each student is given. I think it is an excellent school. My son is now attending his second year of preschool here and he is thriving in this environment. Creativity and exploration are paramount at this school.

Posted October 9, 2012

We love Creative Children's Center! The teaching staff are truly amazing. They work to find the passions and interests of all their students, and then manage to incorporate them into a meaningful curriculum. They encourage even their youngest students to work together and support one another in exploration and problem solving. As a parent, I have learned so much by being a part of this community. I was a little nervous about helping in the classroom, but it is actually a lot of fun and a great way to get to know the other kids and parents. I couldn't imagine a better place for my children and my family!

Posted June 15, 2012

In response, to the Teacher's "responce" (all of whom have advanced education degrees) spelling apparently needs to be added to the curriculum.

Posted May 25, 2012

In responce to the "like a daycare that parents run", I am afraid the reveiwer may not quite understand the intention behind a Reggio Inspired school. There are several factors behind the reasons for inviting Parents to participate in their child's education, with the goal of creating educational experiences that support a child's intellectual and social intellegences. At CCC our teachers hold advanced degrees in education and work daily with parents knowing that chidlren are well aware of our partnership. They feel loved and cared for while guided by teachers and parents throughout the day. We are proud to have parent involvement and believe strongly that if more schools encoraged parents, and welcomed them in, all children would benefit from the additional love and support. As for the word "daycare", we are registered as a private school, and do not offer full time care at this juncture. However, should we become a "daycare" it would be my hope that our society would celebrate the need for quality full day programs and not use the term in a way that pits one type of chidlren's program against another. Learning should be "nothing but joy" and parents should be welcomed.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 10, 2012

Its like a daycare that other parents run, not a school. They expect a lot of time and money from parents. If your short on both, this is not the school for you.

Posted September 14, 2011

My daughter loves it here at CCC. Her creativity is allowed to bloosom. They give the kids the means and opportunity to create and they run with it. I'm so happy that it is a co-op school, because I love being in the classroom to see how my daughter interacts and learns and it's great to get to know all of the other children.

Posted June 19, 2011

CCC is the best school I could have found for my son. He has attended two years at CCC and has grown is so many amazing ways. His problem solving skills, math, reading, and social skills had developed amazingly. The teacher's are amazing and dedicated. Being able to parent help and get involved in the classroom is also a wonderful experience.

Posted April 11, 2010

This is a really good school! They believe in community education and care a great deal about the children. My 2 and 4 year olds love school, their teacher, and the curriculum. I like the outdoor playground and it's natural environment. From the giant sandbox to the gardens it's nice to have the children connect with nature. I also like their belief in young children. The teachers all have advance degrees and they really appreciate the student's ideas. The kids at CCC care about learning in a deep way, and I have seen it move them beyond what we expect a typical child to do. Great school, with a great attitude!

Posted April 11, 2010

I have been very pleased with my child's experience at Creative Children's Center. They don't just teach the basics, the school focuses on lifelong learning, thus inspiring children to 'think' and love school.

Posted August 26, 2009

I could not agree more with the prior poster (2 star rating). The school had great ideas, but those ideas were poorly executed. Lesson plans were created while the children were sent outside each day 'to play' (for extended periods of time). The teacher we had was not prepared. The parents set up the room, managed the activities, watched the kids on the playground, and cleaned up at the end of the day - sometimes over 1 hour of clean-up...bathrooms, snack areas, etc. There are many hidden costs at the school, and you are continually asked to donate money for some cause. This is a for-profit school, and you do really end up wondering where the money went. Hygiene was less than acceptable. This is not a place I would recommend to another parent.

Posted June 16, 2009

Creative Children's Center offers wonderful preschool and kindergarten programs for ages 2 to 6. They are very respectful of all children and are inspired by constructivist philosophies and Reggio Amelia. We have been there for two years and have been very impressed with the level of dedication from the families and teachers. CCC is a coop school in which parents engage in the learning process along with their children. Parents can also choose to buy out of the parent help requirement if needed. The tuition is kept pretty low due to the development activities that all families participate in. This is a great community to get involved with.

2515 SW 185th Ave