Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter graduated from ISB in 2015 and we could not be happier with the quality of education that she received. The IB curriculum is challenging and prepares students exceptionally well for college and beyond. If I had a complaint it would be that the course options in the IB program are limited but that's mostly due to the fact that this is a smaller school. Overall we could not be happier.

The administration at this school is utterly horrible. They harass students over the dumbest things and it is not uncommon to see people coming out of the office crying. The vice principle Scott Carey Gladney is especially horrific. He should not be allowed to work with children let alone in the education system. There have been no complaints of bullying at the school done by students, but rather the administration (mainly the Vice Principle) are those doing the bullying. If I could make the choice over again I never would have sent my child here.

It is simply the greatest school ever. The curriculum is wonderful, the students are nice and encouraging, and the teachers are spectacular.

The academics at ISB are top notch. There is a LOT of homework but it is relevant and does not feel like busy work. When you get good grades here you know you've earned them. The teachers, staff, & principal are responsive to emails and take the time to work through any issues with the parent and/or student to ensure success. Parents have immediate access to grades online so they can keep track of student progress. Some of the class sizes were too large (45+) in middle school but the teachers were able to handle it because the students were interested in learning and were not discipline problems. I don't expect those numbers to follow us to HS as I believe many students go on to different schools for 9th grade. I suspect that has to do with the lack of sports teams and limited course choices available at the HS level. Thankfully what's available is perfect for my kid so we're extremely happy there. A high % of graduates go on to college and they have been recognized nationally for their excellence. I don't think it's the perfect fit for everyone but if your kid is not into sports and loves languages and international culture, this is a great environment.

ISB is awesome in all ways. My son is very motivated. The teachers are really great and easy to reach by all students, whenever needed. They help them through all problems. My son is challenged enough in each class based on his abilities.

An excellent cerified IB school. Principal is very involved and enthusiastic. ISB often hosts exchange students from different countries which provides great opportunities for students to check their second language skills. School does a great job communicating with parents. Students enjoy studying in a smaller diversified class setting with much attention from teachers and they do well.

I'm in the 9th grade at ISB and this is my first year at this school. I like this school because it has rigorous academics and the students get to learn through an international perspective. Because the classes are not huge it is easy to make friends and to get to know your teachers. Overall this is a great school!

I have been going to ISB since it opened and I have never loved a school more. We get a great, international education that is unique to this school and we have a fun time during class.

Last modified International School Of Beaverton--High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12