Bad
Good

Last year we moved here from out of state. All 3 kids were in Tobias. They enjoyed their teacher and class. The new principal, Mr. Bekken seems good. My kids all really enjoyed their class and teacher. One of my children had Mrs Maxwell and loved her and her class. Unfortunately she retired this year.

We love Tobias!!! We have a second grader and our kinder starting this fall. The teachers have been amazing ( Herzog and Walker) thus far. Mr. Callaway is very invested in the kids and continues to provide a strong support for both teachers and students. The PTO is tirelessly dedicated to giving additional resources to the kids such as Box top collections and the Tiger Trek. I love the diversity of the school and feel that all kids are treated fairly regardless if the socio economic class which at times can be lacking in other schools with higher incomes.

I really am shocked that Tobias has such a low rating here! My oldest is entering 4th grade this coming fall, and I couldn't be more pleased with a school. It has been a major challenge to keep her properly challenged in her academics, and every single year her teachers have stepped up to the plate. The school has always been very responsive whenever I've had an issue to discuss with them, and I love how willing her teachers have been to work as closely (or not) with me as I prefer to make sure she gets the best education possible.

Tobias has a wonderful staff and a very active PTO.

Tobias is an excellent school and is so because of the wonderful teachers and its great principal. saftey is an issue and i have overcome this by being an involved parent.

Tobias school has great teachers who genuinely care about the kids. The administrative support for teachers is very low, and discipline from the administrative level seems to be almost non-existent. Teachers are doing a great job with teaching the children considering the class sizes are pretty large! With an average of 27ish students per class it is very hard to individualize. There have been many cut backs in specialists over the past 4 years which have affected the students tremendously. We have been sharing music and pe specialists with another school since the cut backs of 2003 (we had full time specialists up until then) I have been very happy with my childs teachers and they have provided a very good educational environment for her. If I had to pick one area of improvement, that would be for the administration to be more involved with discipline and more supportive of teachers.

Last modified Tobias Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.