Tobias Elementary School 5

Posted August 13, 2014
We love Tobias!!! We have a second grader and our kinder starting this fall. The teachers have been amazing ( Herzog and Walker) thus far. Mr. Callaway is very invested in the kids and continues to provide a strong support for both teachers and students. The PTO is tirelessly dedicated to giving additional resources to the kids such as Box top collections and the Tiger Trek. I love the diversity of the school and feel that all kids are treated fairly regardless if the socio economic class which at times can be lacking in other schools with higher incomes.

Tobias Elementary School 5

Posted June 24, 2012
I really am shocked that Tobias has such a low rating here! My oldest is entering 4th grade this coming fall, and I couldn't be more pleased with a school. It has been a major challenge to keep her properly challenged in her academics, and every single year her teachers have stepped up to the plate. The school has always been very responsive whenever I've had an issue to discuss with them, and I love how willing her teachers have been to work as closely (or not) with me as I prefer to make sure she gets the best education possible.

Tobias Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Tobias has a wonderful staff and a very active PTO.

Tobias Elementary School 2

Posted March 11, 2010

Tobias Elementary School 0

Posted May 07, 2008
Tobias is an excellent school and is so because of the wonderful teachers and its great principal. saftey is an issue and i have overcome this by being an involved parent.

Posted April 07, 2007
Tobias school has great teachers who genuinely care about the kids. The administrative support for teachers is very low, and discipline from the administrative level seems to be almost non-existent. Teachers are doing a great job with teaching the children considering the class sizes are pretty large! With an average of 27ish students per class it is very hard to individualize. There have been many cut backs in specialists over the past 4 years which have affected the students tremendously. We have been sharing music and pe specialists with another school since the cut backs of 2003 (we had full time specialists up until then) I have been very happy with my childs teachers and they have provided a very good educational environment for her. If I had to pick one area of improvement, that would be for the administration to be more involved with discipline and more supportive of teachers.

Posted July 27, 2005
- a former student
Tobias is a pretty decent school. It has fun, educational activities, great teachers and a great principal.

Posted June 25, 2005

Tobias Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2005
The principal of this school is energized and enthusiastic. He makes this school. The teachers are average or slightly above. The class sizes are WAY too high but I think that is a district problem more than a school problem. There is no librarian at the school. In past years we have come close to losing music and PE teachers altogether. The grading system is difficult and unclear. I think this is one of the best schools in Hillsboro School District, but that isn't saying much. Hillsboro has lost a lot of families to Beaverton because of their money woes.

Tobias Elementary School 2

Posted May 17, 2004
According to annual review, Tobias school has a degradation scale within the past few years. Academically, curriculum requirements are far not accomplished. The level of instruction is low which is reflected on students state test score.

Tobias Elementary School
1065 SW 206th Ave, Aloha, OR  97006
Last modified Tobias Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tobias Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top