Bad
Good

My son has loved every one of his teachers. They encourage him to go above and beyond, yet support him in a an understanding way when he needs help. All of the administration at Bellview know my son and myself by name, which helps in the overall feeling of community we get at this school.

I have been a teacher at Bellview for several years. I invite anyone to visit Bellview and see that classrooms are generally not chaotic and the children are happy learning. We do not have 'severely' disabled students in the classrooms, but we do mainstream students as they become able to participate. Any parent who complains like the parent below may not be spending very much time in the classroom, sounds like she is judging by one incident. Our students are well rounded and learn to help and accept any student who is mainstreamed. Instead of giving people the wrong idea about Bellview I think homeschooling is a great idea, that way your child gets exactly the education you what them to have.

We moved to Bellview from a Title I school in an inner city neighborhood in California, and are sorely disappointed with Bellview. The academic expectations are about a year behind, behavioral expectations weak, and the feel of the classroom is chaotic. There are severely disabled children who are clearly frustrated in a regular classroom, and the teacher is unable to meet their needs. The principal is very weak, and clearly lacking in common sense or knowledge of child development. My daughter joined a second grade classroom in a third of the students are barely literate, and would never have even been promoted in California. We are ready to pull her out and homeschool, as this is apparently the best in the area.

I appreciate Bellview's concentration on core academics and traditional format. Reading, Writing and Math Concepts are given the attention required. I love the first grade reading program. It's customized for each kid's ability. Both my children are accelerating in math. The Bellview values: be respectful, be responsible and be safe are values/and words that we take home with us.

Last modified Bellview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.