Posted October 25, 2014
The school is amazing, the teachers and staff are great. The curriculum is put together very well especially reading,writing, math and science. The music and physical education program is rotated throughout the week. The teachers and staff walk their classes to their buses everyday. They make sure that everyone is on and wait until every child is picked up before leaving. I love this school and I highly recommend it.

Astor Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
This school is very community based and focuses on healthy happy kids with a focus on literacy.

Posted May 19, 2009

Astor Elementary School 0

Posted April 25, 2009
We have two children at Astoria and are extremely pleased with our experience thus far. The teachers are engaging, caring and attentive. The office staff and administrator are helpful and active. The atmosphere at Astor is absolutely positive and a great place to learn. Our children love this school and adore their teachers.

Posted January 27, 2007
Astor Elementary is a wonderful place to learn. The staff is very friendly and caring. The staff know all of the kids and respect their individual differences. The teachers each bring unique talents to the school which makes learning even more fun.

Posted January 23, 2007
Both of my children have attended Astor School. The teachers are excellent and I could tell they truly cared about their students. I am also on staff at Astor and as a staff member I can say teamwork is key. As a staff member I also get to see what is going on at the school and I can honestly say it is a very well run school that cares about its students.

Posted June 01, 2006
I have had 5 children attend Astor and for the most part it has been a wonderful experience. The special ed teachers are the best! I have attended parenting classes there that were really great. As far as the academic program I think it is really individualize for your child they are great at finding problems early and getting your child help if they need it. The music program is really good and we even have P.E. There is an after school program that is done by the parks dept which is really nice. I also have to say I think that our bus sytem is awesome!

Posted January 20, 2005
- a former student
I used to go to Astor and I loved it the whole time I was there. The teachers are the best and it is very comfortable. the parental involvement is great and the principal is great. I reccomend it.

Astor Elementary School