Lewis & Clark Elementary School 5

Posted January 22, 2014
I am saddened to read the reviews regarding the principal, Mr. Ploghoft. I have attended the Open Forum meetings he has for all parents and often have been one of the few there. I believe it's a great resource to have the ability to have your questions answered and whether it's been about Common Core or just anything school-related, he has been very informative. I have spoken with him a few times about issues with my son and each time he has listened and discussed with me, calmly, how to handle it. My son needs "accommodations" for a lack of a better way to put it and he has not given me any grief; if anything I was so relieved to find him open to my suggestions about what would make my son do better in school. I have not had interactions with all of the teachers, but the ones I did have, Ms. Fischer and Ms. Martin, I have zero complaints. All in all I feel we are very fortunate to have this school and its principal.

Lewis & Clark Elementary School 1

Posted December 21, 2013
There is a serious problem with the administration/principal Brian Pluhoft that is undermining the ability for parents, staff and students to be able to work together and make this school what it should be. Mr. Pluhoft struggles with being able to have good relationships with parents and to work with them both cooperatively and collaboratively. He is rude, demeaning, hostile, and does not follow district procedures set in place. Something needs to be done to help this man understand that parents are his best allies and can help make his school an amazing educational setting for the students and staff. He needs some training in this area desperately.

Lewis & Clark Elementary School 2

Posted November 02, 2013
My son had stomach upset issues all last year. He stayed home a lot, but we called the school to tell them he was sick every time and kept up on his school work, was well behaved and he got good grades. The principal, Brian Ploghoft refused to believe that my son was sick and harassed us about it all year. This year, I volunteered to help my son's teacher just like I had done last year. Mr Ploghoft refused my offer to volunteer in the classroom, stating that we have no respect for the school's attendance and registration policies. We read the student handbook and followed every rule down to the letter. As for the registration policies? There's a compact agreement he wants every family to sign at registration. It is not a registration requirement. We refused to sign, because Mr Ploghoft violated the compact last year with his constant harassment. We felt that the school only takes this compact seriously when the parents or students are in violation of it's conditions. So, we didn't sign it. If anyone wants to volunteer in the classroom at this school, you'll have to be buddies with the principal. Only his friends and parents of perfect students are allowed to volunteer.

Lewis & Clark Elementary School 2

Posted September 08, 2009

Lewis & Clark Elementary School 4

Posted November 25, 2007

Lewis & Clark Elementary School 5

Posted January 15, 2006
This is the most outstanding school my children have ever attended, and we have been stationed several places in the US.

Lewis & Clark Elementary School
92179 Lewis and Clark Rd, Astoria, OR  97103
(503) 325-2032
Last modified Lewis & Clark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewis & Clark Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.