Astoria, OR

Posted July 25, 2013
This school has closed down :(. It was a part of the community for over 100 years. How sad.

St. Mary Star of the Sea School 0

Posted December 05, 2009
I went to this school for 6 years, and after I switched to public school, I had already learned the things that they were teaching there. I loved all the teachers and I had fun learning.

Posted October 15, 2008
St Mary Star of the Sea is an amazing school the fraze 'in this place we are blessed with gods grace' is so true there. Their mission statement 'a christ filled learning community witch fosters love, integrity and academic excellence'fits the school to a T.I know because i went to star preschool- 8th grade. The teachers and staff at star are amazing, they will grow to be more of a friend that a teacher. it really helps out a lot because then they are easier to talk too and learn from. St. Mary Star of the Sea school is an excellent school that i highly recommend to all parents that are seeking a good education for their child. Now when people ask me where i went to school i am proud to say i went to Star of the Sea school. Joe Mueller alumni

Posted September 05, 2008
We have been very happy with the education we are getting by using Star of the Sea. I grew up on the Long Beach WA peninsula, and wanted more for my children then what Ocean Beach School dist 101 could give. I have high expectations, and they MUST be met! Both the wife and I have extensive backgrounds in science and math at Oregon State, and could not be more happy with the education that our daughter is getting! So much so that we are sending our son this year to Kindergarten at Star.

St. Mary Star of the Sea School 3

Posted August 26, 2008

Posted August 25, 2008

St. Mary Star of the Sea School 4

Posted November 25, 2007
Great school, caring, motivated teachers. A very special place for a child.

St. Mary Star of the Sea School 2

Posted July 21, 2007
Star is a great school for K-4 and maybe up to 6th grade but then it falls down. As a parent I pay for performance and the value of the learning environment. I no longer feel Star offers that and am expolring other avenues of education for my child where challenges in learning and creativity are expanded. I can get mediocre anywhere for free and I feel that what Star offers.

Posted September 28, 2006
Star is a winning school for us because my children are receiving a quality education. Star is a winning school for my children because they love going to school. For them it is more than a quality education, it is a lifestyle of learning, fun and friendship. Ethics are a part of the equation and these children are stronger for it. The principal, Dr. Terry Campbell, is an outstanding leader. The children love him. He is involved at every level. The teachers at Star give the children individual attention and allow them to grow and learn at their own pace. The parent involvement at the school is fun. I always look forward to helping out and feeling a part of the Star community. The Vetters

Posted August 13, 2006
We love SOTS! We moved from the public school to here last year and the difference is dramatic. Our children academic skills improved greatly. Their music program is very very good. We were impressed at how much this school, its teachers, and specially its principal enriched the lives of ouf our children. The Simmons'

St. Mary Star of the Sea School
1411 Grand Ave, Astoria, OR  97103
Last modified St. Mary Star of the Sea School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Mary Star of the Sea School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top