Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

This is a work in progress. I hear it is much better than in the past but I know my child reports some kids who are not very nice. I don't know how they are handled. For the most part my student feels safe and heard.

Supports LD students: Neutral

I do not know much about this area. I know that some kids seem to get lots of extra help and adult support.

Develops character: Agree

The staff led by the administration are putting in effort to hold students to a higher expectation. For example, they have started a restitution program where kids who damage the school i.e. writing on the bathroom walls or etching on desks are required to come in outside of school hours and help the custodial staff. There may be other examples but they keep it so discrete to not damage the relationships. I like the accountability for middle school kids.

North Marion Middle School had a rough patch as the 2009 and 2011 reviewer have stated but recently they have been doing some very positive changes. My family has had a middle schooler there for two years and we know many of the staff. A shift to positive behavior supports have made the school a very positive and supportive place for my student. Issues are responded to proactively (for the most part) and positively. thanks Mr. Sheldon. While I admit some staff are kind of stuck in their ways most of them really care about the success of students giving time before and after school. I agree the building could use some upgrades but although it is not in prime condition I have felt these two years that it is a clean cared for school. It has challenges because of its size and age group but all schools do. Keep up the good work.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

I hate the homework given to the students

I hate this place. The teachers are mean,it's not clean. They give too much homework. The teachers need to learn how to teach the students better or just get better teachers.

Great safe, small school environment. Kids have opportunity to participate, lead and excel in school, athletics and clubs.

This in one of the worst schools to send your child to. I am not sure how the other schools in this district fair but I can tell you from experience that NMM is NOT a educational enviroment I would recommend. The two stooges who run the office have to be the most unfavorable pair I have ever encountered,The teaching staff is mediocre at best and the parent/teacher communication is non existent,I feel horrible sending my child there everyday and am glad to be transferring him out of this district.I have told anyone and everyone who will listen how dysfunctional this learning **cough** enviroment is for their child..After speaking to many other parents I am not the only one who feels this way..This is a really bad school to send your children DO NOT ,,if you can help it move into this district..You will regret it and your child will be miserable..

The school community is supportive and willing to go the extra mile to help students out..

Last modified North Marion Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.