No rating

Valley Catholic School

Private | 9-12 | 331 students

Living in Beaverton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $206,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

Posted September 16, 2014

I was a student at Valley Catholic from 6th grade to senior year and I can't even imagine going anywhere else. I thank my parents all the time for sending me there despite money issues, which the school helped with. Valley Catholic has an incredible staff that is more interested in teaching kids to be good people and how to succeed in life than in passing a meaningless test. VC has an amazing math and science program that taught me so much and inspired me to be a science major in college. The athletics are great at VC but the "non-athletes" are just as important to the atmosphere at Valley Catholic as the athletes. I could've been considered a jock, but VC's atmosphere made me want to branch out. I was a football player but I ha friends in drama, in band, in art club, and in computer sciences.VC helped us learn our stuff in academics but also in life. I recommend Valley Catholic completely to anyone with a child looking for a place to grow in all aspects of life. Side note: I even plan to send my future children to VC.

Posted December 5, 2013

Valley Catholic is a wonderful school. The teachers and administration are so supportive of their students. I was going to send my daughter to Jesuit but her 8th grade teacher said to try Valley instead. The staff is so supportive and you don't even have to be the "best athelete". My term for Valley would be compassionate.

Posted October 22, 2013

Amazing school that prepares kids for college. I highly recommend it. Has a friendly community, great teachers, and amazing sport and club opportunities.

Posted September 4, 2013

I have a sophmore and a middle schooler and I could not be happier with the education they are receiving. Transferring them there from another, smaller school was the best educational decision my husband and I have made.

Posted January 15, 2013

I have two children, one in elementary and one in middle school. We transferred here from public school a year ago and my kids were woefully unprepared for the change in academics, especially my middle schooler. My kids are smart but it became very apparent that their education was very lacking coming from the public school. They are smart children and got VERY good grades at their public school, which they didn't have to work very hard for. I very much value the stellar education they are getting now. I also have to mention their arts program, which is top notch.

Posted January 17, 2011

This school is a great disapointment do not waste your money on it. There is a great deal of nepotism within this school: the principle and the admissions clerk are husband and wife, combine this with their son being a teacher and should you have an issue, it will fall on deft ears. This applies for all issues within the school, and the athletic program is disgusting. If you want whats best for your child do not subject them to this school.

Posted May 12, 2010

Both of my grandchildren attend, and they appear to be happy and engaged in all that the school offers. They also are happy!!

Posted May 12, 2010

I have 2 very happy and healthy grandchildren who attend valley catholic...and the 4 yr old talks about how much she enjoys school. The other one is only 2 1/2 months old, but he appears to be doing great there.

Posted May 12, 2010

I have 2 very happy kids who attend. My daughter is very social and interacts well..I feel Valley catholic has contributed to this. My sonn is an infant, but he seems to be doing well at the school as well.

Posted September 23, 2009

Valley High is fabulous! Our children attended another private school for many years and we made the move to Valley Catholic, what a difference a school makes! The faculty & staff are open, engaging, supportive and committed to every student. The sense of community and school spirit is overwhelming! The environment is welcoming and very comfortable; there is no pretense or ego at play. This school is amazing, the mind, body & soul are nourished within each individual student. Thank you Valley, striving for excellence has paid off and it shows on the happy faces of those who roam the hallways and participate fully within each classroom!

Posted March 27, 2007

I have had my son on the St Mary's campus, from preschool/daycare to now middle school, for over 10 years. Valley Catholic is exceptional. I find my son is far ahead of my friends' kids who are at public schools. My son is respectful, polite, and well behaved. My expections and values are carried into the classroom. Our kids need this structure. The academic programs are outstanding, including math, science, social studies. VC's arts dept, with a focus on music, is fantastic! Our basketball team won state! Parental involvement is phenomenal--if you don't want to get involved, don't come to Valley. Parents are involved in every activity, field trip, concert, game, etc. A religious background doesn't hurt any, either!

Posted May 9, 2005

The educational opportunities at VCHS are very scarce. Both my children transfered from public schools to VCHS and were pleading with us to leave within a few months. I went to the teachers to see what was the matter. They were not very helful. I then relized that the discipline and structure at Valley are lax. Although there are some good teachers, the over-all quality of instruction is poor. One thing we did like is parents were always informed about everything that went on at school. Other than that Kids spend far too much time off task in some most classrooms. Over all my family did not like Valley Catholic and we do not recommend it to others. It is truly a waste of money. We ended up transfering our kids back to public high school where they now get a much better education then they did at VCHS.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 20% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • French
  • Spanish

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Library
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Portland

Performing arts
  • Dance
  • Drama
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4275 Southwest 148th Avenue