St. Mary of the Valley School 1

Posted February 20, 2015
The Valley Catholic administrative staff lacks mannerism and has no social skills. I first called about 2 years ago to ask for a tour of their early learning school for my son. Right away, the admin/secretary told me that there is a wait list with X students. She then went on to say there is no need for a tour because it's a waste of time with the number of students on the wait list. She told me that touring w/ us wasn't worth her time because there so others on the list that would take the spot! Wow, I couldn't believe this!! Luckily we found another preschool school near by that my son just loves. Now he's in kindergarten, and again, my interaction with the Valley Catholic administrative staff has been nothing but uncomfortable and condescending on their part. It's very tough to get past their attitude, ego, and rudeness. I'm sure the teachers are fantastic and the students thrive, but with the way the admin staff conducts themselves, it's hard to get past this behavior and actually want my kid to attend the school.

St. Mary of the Valley School 1

Posted September 03, 2013
Some of the teachers do not care about the kids at all and the staff member, especially the leader, is very rude. They don't really have anything special to make kids have a better progress.

Posted June 29, 2011
Valley Catholic Elementary is a wonderful school with challenging academics. Most importantly for me is that they actually care if my child learns or not. My child has regained every skill she lost during her one year at the local public school and excelled well beyond in both reading and math. In first grade, she has daily religion, reading, math then twice a week music, art, PE, social studies. They even have swim lessons each year! They all take violin in 4th grade. There are many extra-curricular activities, lots of fellowship opportunities. Older kids mentor younger ones. Testing is computerized and allows you to see your child's individual growth over the year and allows for a child working above their grade level. My younger one will be starting full day Kindy this next year. We can't wait! Note that Parents are required to provide 30 hours of school service per year (or pay additional fees).

Posted February 12, 2007
My daughter is happy and engaged. At her previous school she did not seem challenged and had about 15 minutes of homework for the week. Now she is honestly learning and interested and involved in activities on campus. There are plenty of activities to choose from she has been enjoyed Spanish and Swim Team and is looking forward to more. There is pride in parental involvement. We all get to know each other and the children our children are in class with.

St. Mary of the Valley School 4

Posted February 27, 2006
This school was perfect for my quiet, shy, average achieving child. The music and athletic programs are excellent. However, the school was not up to par when it came time for my active, over-achieving, and gifted child. It's a great school for average students. The school cannot accomodate over or under achievers.

Posted December 10, 2004
Great teachers, terrific student body, great curriculum, great values. However, high expectations to student performance and discipline can be a bit stressful for both the parents and the child.

Posted September 07, 2004
Superb best in class education with strong religious / moral foundation. Caring/focused staff with close school community.

St. Mary of the Valley School
4440 SW 148th Ave, Beaverton, OR  97007
Last modified St. Mary of the Valley School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
St. Mary of the Valley School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top