Beaverton, OR

Nancy Ryles Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2014
Overall this is a great school. My child loves going to nancy ryles. So far her teachers have been great and my experiences with the principal have been positive. This year they seem to have more teachers so class sizes are down which is great.

Posted April 20, 2014
i have only the best to say about this school, i have a fourth grader, his teachers are the best, my son has adhd, and since the beginning of the school year we let know the teachers of the way my son learns, they have been more than wonderful setting a learning plan for him, and bless their hearts for the patience they have. They are always asking about how he is doing socially towards getting along with other kids since this is his first year in this school. The Principal is a very caring lady, she welcomed us with nothing but kindness, and i think the idea of having a therapy pet in the school will definitely help with interaction with kids. Thanks Nancy Ryles!.

Posted January 03, 2014
I have two children attending Nancy Ryles and am so very pleased with our experience there. I have found that while I may not always understand or agree with something, all have been open to a dialog about it. There was a teacher that I didn't fully agree with but we sat down and discussed it and came to a great understanding. I volunteer in the school when I can and where needed. The staff, specialists, teachers, and the principal are ready to help whenever possible. As far as my children, they say that bullying is discussed and that if something comes up they are supposed to speak up. It is important to be positive and remember that it is a community that won't always be the way you want but you must work in a constructive way to make it better. If you don't get involved things will never change. It is a long-term investment and thanks to all those at Nancy Ryles for doing their very best no matter how funding is allocated/cut. We are a happy family in the NR community.

Nancy Ryles Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2013
School is way over crowded, with not enough consistency. I never seem to know which days are PE, Technology etc. Old principal didn't do Sh#t when my child was being bullied, this went on for the whole year. In K she had the most awesome teacher. So far 1st grade her new teacher is good. I hear the school is going to loose a few million in funding next year. So it is only going to get worse. I won't volunteer because I don't want to do scut work. I want to work with the kids.

Posted February 23, 2013
You won't volunteer because you don't want to do "scut" work?! WHAT?! First of all, I have a college degree and a professional job and I VOLUNTEER. To say that volunteering is beneath you and then to complain about the school is absolutely idiotic and ridiculous. You are either part of the solution or part of the problem. You sound like the latter. The school is going to LOSE funding (not loose - one of those pesky spelling words kids learn in, oh 2nd grade...) - all schools are in Oregon! If you aren't happy about that, vote to pass the levy to increase taxes for schools. As far as bullying goes, the school takes that very seriously. I don't believe for one minute that your child was bullied and the school ignored it. No way. If you were an involved, active participate in the school, as all parents should be, you would be able to ensure a good academic experience for your children. Those who do the least, complain the most. They expect the rest of us to do the work for them. I work and I volunteer. Do I have better things to do with my time? Yes. But I volunteer because I care about my kids' success. So should you.

Nancy Ryles Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2013
Unfortunately, I do not recommend this school. This school is under a lot of stress with lack of quality teachers (some teachers complain and don't want to be there) and specialists. It changes principals every two years. They do not have a Peace Builder motto or anything in place to cut off bullying in the early stages. After bringing the issue of bullying to the counselors ,teachers' and even the principal attention, we were shocked at the lack of action taken. Because the bully's and their volunteer parents are teachers' pets.. absolutely nothing has been done. My child is counting down the days for school to be over. This school is inconsistent and lacks vision of any kind. Your child's education is a luck of the draw, depending on the teacher your child gets. The teachers do not work together very well. They leave the newer teachers out so they don't know what's going on. REALLY BAD! Extremely disappointed. Class sizes so large. But the bigger issue, if your child is sweet and susceptible to bullying, don't send them here.

Nancy Ryles Elementary School 4

Posted January 27, 2013
Nancy Ryles is a great school except for a few things.For starters, the class sizes are ridiculously big. Secondly, the new principal is awful. She doesn't listen or seem to care about the kids in any way. I have had a some run ins with her and so have a few other parents that I know. She is matter-of-fact about issues that are presented to her and doesn't take them seriously, which is offensive to the parent. She has a "I know everything and I don't really care to listen to you" attitude. Hopefully she will be replaced next school year. The teachers that my son have had so far (he's in first grade now) have both been wonderful.

Nancy Ryles Elementary School 2

Posted July 03, 2012
Nancy Ryles used to be an excellent school when my older child attended. Now I am disappointed in the bullying, class size, principal's lack of integrity, failure to teach basic writing and a few burned out staff members. There are a lot of parent volunteers. Many of these volunteers need to learn about confidentiality.

Posted January 22, 2010
This school is Awesome...my child has been attending nancy ryles for the last 5 years...teachers are ever so wonderful to my child and go above and beyond to help and make sure she succeeds in everything she does. Which one other review thinks having high expectations for your child is a bad thing...you should be honored that they do have such high expectations for our children...I want my kids to exceed in everything they do. School is always number 1 in life and they should always do and be there best! Yes about some of the mothers there they can be stuck up a bit but why should we care what they are doing and act like we are not in grade school. It's about the kids not us making friends. Just put a smile on your face and kill them with kindness!

Posted August 01, 2009
A great school with a great staff!!! An extraordinary place to learn a lot!!!

Nancy Ryles Elementary School
10250 SW Cormorant Dr, Beaverton, OR  97007
Last modified Nancy Ryles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nancy Ryles Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top