Beaverton, OR
Students enrolled: 1,005

Posted June 01, 2014
Brule Speck (Mr. Speck) and Nevida Speck have done an amazing job cultivating local philanthropic efforts. This has proven to help ensure the kids have a vibrant and fulfilling network of community support. We would recommend the school to anyone looking for a fun, safe and versatile education for their children.

Aloha-Huber Park School 4

Posted May 24, 2014
Great School! Teachers and staff are commited and passionate, School programs continue improving, parents Are welcome, and my 2 Kids feel welcome and respected... Biling al programs are a plus, beatiful building!

Posted April 28, 2014
This school is amazing in everythings and the stuff are very good , i have 2 boys then and both of them are satisfied and also me

Aloha-Huber Park School 1

Posted March 30, 2014
My older daughter loved school before we moved and she started at Aloha Huber. The staff is rude to both the children and the parents. My daughter said she couldn't tell a teacher when she had a problem with another student because they would just tell her not to be a tattle-tail. She was even afraid to tell the gym teacher she got hurt because she didn't want to get in trouble. It got to the point where she was so stressed out about going there that she was breaking out into hives. When we raised safety concerns about our younger daughter's kindergarten class being upstairs with the middle school and the lack of supervision on the spiral stairs, nothing was done. Instead of addressing the issue of 11 - 13 year olds pushing and shoving 5 year olds out of their way - they made the issue about us walking our daughter to class in the morning. Someones child is going to get hurt on those stairs due to lack of supervision - I made sure it was not going to be mine and pulled my children out of that school half way through last school year.

Aloha-Huber Park School 1

Posted April 07, 2012
This principal is in the wrong job. He doesn't know how to deal with parents or students. He bullies students and runs away from parents! I will be getting my child out of this school ASAP! I would suggest if your child is white, pick another school!

Aloha-Huber Park School 3

Posted August 20, 2011
The teachers are constantly in training which may sound good but helped my child's teacher little. Lots of problems with bullying. 60% Latino students and 30% Indian/muliti ethnicity has made my children feel unwelcome and out of place. On the plus side most of the teachers are young, eager and motivated, music, pe and library are still funded.

Aloha-Huber Park School 2

Posted July 14, 2011
My son attended kindergarten and roughly two months of 1st grade at AHP. The teachers were very good but when my son was being bullied, it all fell apart from there. He had been deliberately slammed in the head with a wall ball by an older student; when he informed the playground supervisor, she called him a tattletale. He'd been roughly shoved and hit multiple times with similar responses from other staff; it got to the point I dreaded his answer to my "How was your day?" Despite several meetings with vice-principal Cynthia Moffett, nothing really helped - - the culture of "don't tattle" was well-engrained in the staff (ironic considering the intervention strategies the community employs to discourage students from joining gangs as they hit middle/high school). As for Scott Drue, we never received a call back from him regarding the bullying our son endured. In the end, I pulled him out when he told me he'd been hit again; I asked him if he had reported this to three staff members as Ms. Moffett had advised him. He replied, "No, they never do anything." I decided right then that while the school might fail him, I would not. I spent the next two years home schooling him.

Aloha-Huber Park School 0

Posted June 05, 2009
The principal was not very friendly, and and lacked genuine concern for student safety

Posted March 22, 2009
My daughter started at Aloha Huber Park in Kinder. She is now in first and is reading well, learning Spanish and making good progress in her education. The school has a wonderful afterschool enrichment program and the staff if great. Couldn't ask for a better school.

Posted August 10, 2008

Aloha-Huber Park School
5000 SW 173rd St, Beaverton, OR  97007
Last modified Aloha-Huber Park School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aloha-Huber Park School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top