Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 04, 2016
The 2 women you talk with in the front office have always been courteous and helpful. My child speaks very highly of Mr. DeMarco

Beaver Acres Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2016
I honestly do not understand why people go into teaching when their passion is not children. Most of the teachers and the principle seem miserable everyday. Not only have they made my child cry, but I've talked to other parents with the same experience. I even heard one child leaving school say "I cannot do anything right." It broke my heart to see such a young child feeling so defeated. I believe early childhood education should have a strong focus on relationship building, positive self esteem, and respect. From what we have experienced and seen this is not the experience a child receives at Beaver Acres Elementary.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Mrs. Lindner was instrumental in helping us choose between home school and public options. Her teaching styles are second to none and is deeply invested in nurturing her students. I am honored to have found such a compassionate, intelligent, and above all forward-thinking individual to help shape our future leaders! Thank you so much!

Beaver Acres Elementary School 2

Posted July 20, 2014
I am a student at Beaver Acres and I believe they have failed my expectations! In a year I will be going into middle school and I want to go to ISB If I get in to that school I am sure I will struggle for a while. The teachers and staff is very friendly and they do a great job at rewarding kids and making sure kids have friends and feel included. They are not one on one they try and don't do a great job on being one on one but can't really do that. The principal is very uptight and rude. Their is very very few bully's. I really don't like how the classes have to sit at assigned stables that does not allow kids to interact with others. Psychical Education is great and so is technology and library. I feel that music teaching is at a middle school level but we have a very low variety in instruments until 5 grade. They do lots of fun and exciting activities and fund raiders. If you want a very challenging and serious school keep looking but it's a great easy going school for kids who just don't care that much about their education.

Beaver Acres Elementary School 5

Posted June 10, 2014
My son has attended Beaver Acres for 3 years now and we love it! While the class sizes are on the larger side, it's really no different than what many of the area schools are dealing with due to budget cuts and teacher reductions. The teachers and staff here genuinely care about each student. The principal, Stacy Geale, is dedicated and does a wonderful job managing so many kids! My son has had top notch teachers who have helped my son learn how to read and do math problems. He has loved all the "specials" classes including music with Mr. DeMarco, Technology where he has hands on computer experience, PE, and he really loves his "art lit" lessons. All his teachers have been excellent at communicating with me about any of my concerns. I would recommend Beaver Acres to any parent!

Beaver Acres Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My child's school (as many others) is need of more space and teachers!! The 30+ student to teacher ratio has made it very hard on everyone. Along with this need is also a garden that each class could help in cultivating. Children do not get outside enough and this would be a wonderful activity for them to be more connected to nature and to have respect for other things in life. Thank you for your consideration!

Beaver Acres Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
School is okay but Not impressed wish they would give students homework for the weekend or at least my daughter to keep her busy and always learning too many "no school" days I moved up here from California and seems out here schools are not a priority hopefully that changes very soon or third grade my daughter will be starting somewhere else!

Beaver Acres Elementary School 5

Posted October 07, 2013
im a vietnamese 23 years old male. i got a childhood friend, precisely, a girlfriend in 2nd grade. I moved to Oregon from California and lived there and attended to this school for two years. I left Oregon and moved back to California and lived here rest of my life. my girlfriend named was Sarah(not certain if i spelled her name right.) but i dont know her last name. the only thing i remember about her is when she is in second grade she wore glass. It is fun teasing her. xD well i would like to see her one more time. Other than that, this school was great and has a great pe teacher and gym.

Beaver Acres Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2013
The administrative staff here are very disappointing. I had heard that the last principal was excellent, and that the newer principal has not performed nearly as well. Stacy Ghiel (sp?) seems uptight and rude. I didn't like the way she treated my child, as if she were some lower life form. Very disappointed with the way this school is run, and my daughter will be attending a different school next year for sure.

Beaver Acres Elementary School 2

Posted August 29, 2012
My children have been at this school for 3 years. The educational focus appears to be on ESL, special needs, and low income children (I don't know why low income children have different educational needs, but there is a department dedicated to low income "title 1"). Children that need a little extra push or excell are not the priority. The teachers are AMAZING, the staff is friendly and kind, but I am not sure the administration puts every child first. There are NO classes in this school with less than 22 students, some classes had 29 students in 2012. Parents are NOT involved.

2125 SW 170th Ave, Beaverton, OR  97005
Last modified Beaver Acres Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.