Beaverton, OR

Posted July 20, 2014
I am a student at Beaver Acres and I believe they have failed my expectations! In a year I will be going into middle school and I want to go to ISB If I get in to that school I am sure I will struggle for a while. The teachers and staff is very friendly and they do a great job at rewarding kids and making sure kids have friends and feel included. They are not one on one they try and don't do a great job on being one on one but can't really do that. The principal is very uptight and rude. Their is very very few bully's. I really don't like how the classes have to sit at assigned stables that does not allow kids to interact with others. Psychical Education is great and so is technology and library. I feel that music teaching is at a middle school level but we have a very low variety in instruments until 5 grade. They do lots of fun and exciting activities and fund raiders. If you want a very challenging and serious school keep looking but it's a great easy going school for kids who just don't care that much about their education.

Posted June 10, 2014
My son has attended Beaver Acres for 3 years now and we love it! While the class sizes are on the larger side, it's really no different than what many of the area schools are dealing with due to budget cuts and teacher reductions. The teachers and staff here genuinely care about each student. The principal, Stacy Geale, is dedicated and does a wonderful job managing so many kids! My son has had top notch teachers who have helped my son learn how to read and do math problems. He has loved all the "specials" classes including music with Mr. DeMarco, Technology where he has hands on computer experience, PE, and he really loves his "art lit" lessons. All his teachers have been excellent at communicating with me about any of my concerns. I would recommend Beaver Acres to any parent!

Beaver Acres Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My child's school (as many others) is need of more space and teachers!! The 30+ student to teacher ratio has made it very hard on everyone. Along with this need is also a garden that each class could help in cultivating. Children do not get outside enough and this would be a wonderful activity for them to be more connected to nature and to have respect for other things in life. Thank you for your consideration!

Posted October 07, 2013
im a vietnamese 23 years old male. i got a childhood friend, precisely, a girlfriend in 2nd grade. I moved to Oregon from California and lived there and attended to this school for two years. I left Oregon and moved back to California and lived here rest of my life. my girlfriend named was Sarah(not certain if i spelled her name right.) but i dont know her last name. the only thing i remember about her is when she is in second grade she wore glass. It is fun teasing her. xD well i would like to see her one more time. Other than that, this school was great and has a great pe teacher and gym.

Beaver Acres Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2013
The administrative staff here are very disappointing. I had heard that the last principal was excellent, and that the newer principal has not performed nearly as well. Stacy Ghiel (sp?) seems uptight and rude. I didn't like the way she treated my child, as if she were some lower life form. Very disappointed with the way this school is run, and my daughter will be attending a different school next year for sure.

Posted August 29, 2012
My children have been at this school for 3 years. The educational focus appears to be on ESL, special needs, and low income children (I don't know why low income children have different educational needs, but there is a department dedicated to low income "title 1"). Children that need a little extra push or excell are not the priority. The teachers are AMAZING, the staff is friendly and kind, but I am not sure the administration puts every child first. There are NO classes in this school with less than 22 students, some classes had 29 students in 2012. Parents are NOT involved.

Posted March 08, 2011
SUCH AN AMAZING SCHOOL. My daughter has reached past and exceeded this years oaks test.

Posted March 07, 2011
Our child has attended Beaver Acres for a number of years. The school has declined dramatically since the previous Principal left, a couple of years ago. I agree with a previous review, in that the student/teacher ratio isn't close to being the truth. I have not experienced any class that was less than two dozen kids. I also agree with the observation that there is a disproportionate focus on the State test scores, at the expense of actual educating the kids. Homework is scant, without a logical flow and often simply review in nature. Report cards are provided with Copy and Paste Comments about the kids, with very little, if any, specifics on how your child is actually doing. I ve actually experienced having another child s name copied and pasted into my child s Comments. Oops Our child will not be attending Beaver Acres next year.

Posted November 28, 2010
We were brand new to this school this year. First off Great Schools says 17 to 1 ratio. Both of my kids classes had 25-30 in each class. This is a large school of 925 kids in K-5 and lacks appropriate supervision for that large of school. I felt like my children were in Junior High allowed to roam freely with no structure when walking to class and not enough adult supervision on the playground. This school is only focused on test scores and to them my child was a number that could benefit their TITLE1 money. My son went from being a well behaved little boy to having discipline issues. There was limited homework and if your child is gifted in an area of study don't count on them getting pushed to excel. I have since withdrawn both of my children from this school and will never allow them to be educated in this school again.

Posted July 10, 2010
Great school, motivated teachers and staff, my daughter has enjoyed a field trip both years she has attended the school unlike friends at other schools whose kids do not get to go on any field trips, Everyone seems to get to know the kids and the parents and they are always approachable.

Beaver Acres Elementary School
2125 SW 170th Ave, Beaverton, OR  97005
Last modified Beaver Acres Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beaver Acres Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top