Bad
Good

My grandson goes here and he loves his teacher and his NANA for helping in his class. The kids are great and respectful and love to please you .The school staff is helpful and they enjoy their work.Keeping classes small where learning can take place well and intimate. I like to go to his school to help those kids ,who are struggling.

The teachers have way too many days off. There are really only 8 months of school now. A lot of the work comes home unfinished and at the end of the year. Hopefully parents have time to help their kids finish......

I attended this school from 1999-2004, and I had a blast. Teachers I had were awesome, until I got a new music teacher my final year.

I have had the pleasure of having two children attend this school. Imho the teachers, office staff and janitors make the school. This years principal needs Donald Trump on the board...To say....:You're fired!! unprofessional, does the old do as i say not as i do. I really am thrlled we are transfering next year because she is driving this school furter into the abyss. I applaud the staff that is wonderful and concerned about he pupils. I dont think the principal even remembers her own name!!

If it wasn't for my child's teacher, I would have transferred him in October. The principal is incredibly unprofessional and does not follow district guidelines. Most of the staff is really lacking in people skills. We are looking for other alternatives for next year.

I see that no one has posted anything about Chehalem for a year. Beaverton School District faced a HUGE budget deficit for this school year and all schools were victim to cuts in budget. That being said, Chehalem has made huge efforts to keep that from effecting the students and classrooms. My son just started Kindergarten last month and I was very concerned because he is so much more advanced than the rest of his class. His teacher, Mrs. Rosenquist, deserves so much respect and appreciation for the work that she does in her classroom. She has made (and is making) a special curriculum for my son to keep him challenged and thriving. I have found that all of the teachers and staff really care and take pride in their school. The new Principal has some great goals for the year. We are very excited.

Well I think Chehalem is full of fakes who pretend to care.Except some teachers.They make promises they don't keep.That is what i have seen for the last 2 years.I fell the parents who work there don't give new parents any chance.I guess we all feel different.

We chose to support this school this year as our annual giving project. We found the staff uniformly to be involved, knowledgeable and caring. The school is clean, open, and friendly. And the library is exceptional. The children all seemed to be quite happy and enthasiastic about being in school. I would not hesitate to send my grandchildren to this school.

This is a nice school. Some teachers could improve.

My daughter has been going to Chehalem since last fall. My stepsons used to go there from 2002-2004. This school had made extra effort to make sure class sizes are low (around 18) when other schools in the area are getting overcrowded. I think Chehalem gets a bad reputation because it has high student turnover due to many apartments in the area, and has lower test scores because of the non-English speaking student population. I think that in spite of that, Chehalem has produced well taught children with tolerance for others and our community. I would recommend Chehalem Elementary for anyone that would like their children going to a school that has a lot of parent involvement in the classroom.

Last modified Chehalem Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.